“excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 hotels in Ventura
San Bernardino, California
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I use this hotel every time I go to Ventura. It has always been very clean and very well run. The check in desk staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and what I would hope for from a hotel. Many of the rooms have a small balcony with two chairs and has a view of the harbor. The food service is great. I've tried their breakfast buffet, regular breakafst and dinner. The food and service couldn't be better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Bob L.,
Thank you for letting us know you have stayed with us several times and for giving us a great review. We have so many wonderful frequent guests and we try to let them know how happy we are to see them. Every staff member will be pleased to know you are taken care of when you are here. Happy Traveling. Catherine Stevens, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort.

253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed last week for one night and found the property very clean and nice. The desk staff were friendly and helped accommodate us - especially when we had a sick kid at 3am. Room was large and comfortable. We walked around the property and were always greeted by staff in a friendly manner. Drove into town and enjoyed the beach town atmosphere of Ventura. Would stay again if in the area.

Stayed September 2012
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
SAFamily5,
Thank you for your review of our property and staff. I remember how sad the Front Desk was when they told me your child was ill. We are happy you were able to enjoy our town and would come again. I hope you have many adventures and wonderful memories.
Happy Traveling, Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

1. The location of this property is excellent. The grounds are also quite beautiful so my wife and I enjoyed several long walks during our stay which we enjoyed tremendously.

2. Our experience at the restaurant was awful. I stopped by and looked at the menu and found only 1 vegetarian option (a pizza.) I asked if they had any other options and the guy didn't even look me in the eye while he said no. It was weird. He looked off into the distance and said they didn't have anything else they could make for us. I stay at a lot of hotels (+/-50 nights/year) and they always, always offer to make something. This place didn't even pretend to care or try.

3. Put this one in the "wah" category, but I'm SPG Platinum and supposed to get upgrades to suites when available. Well they were available (I checked the booking engine) and we didn't get a suite or even an upgraded room. This is one of my biggest peeves about some SPG properties and I do not go back to the ones who do this.

4. Staff was OK. They were willing to help when asked, but did not seem eager to be friendly or helpful.

5. The A/C in our room was awful. It would run for 30 seconds (no exaggeration) and then turn off for perhaps 30-60 minutes before coming on again for another 30 seconds. It was hot when we were there and my wife, daughter and I were all quite hot. We did not sleep well. When we checked out they apologized and removed the parking charges from our bill because of the A/C problem.

6. The continental breakfast they served us was sad. The pastries/croissants were stale. They seemed to be frozen and thawed out....maybe more than once? My wife is easy going and will eat pretty much anything if she's hungry, and even she pushed the plate away. The fruit was fresh at least.

Between the restaurant caring 0% about accommodating a very common request, the lack of upgrades when they were available, and the lackluster attitude of the desk staff, I will probably not return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear LA-Business-Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. It helps me to discuss those areas we need to improve in. I will suggest to our restaurant that we accommadate requests for simple alternatives to the menu and discuss our continental breakfast. We have replaced our AC systems in the rooms. I apologize for any discomfort your family experienced. We do upgrade on a regular basis to suites. I do not know what the suite situation was during your stay. We have 4 suites and 2 are on the 1st floor, with limited view. It is a possibility that the Front Desk thought you would prefer a better harbor view instead, as most our Platinum Members do. We value our SPG guests and apologize for not making your stay the best possible stay.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

When we checked in to the hotel the manager went out of his way to assist us in securing another room and another night on a crowded week-end. Complete patience on his part and no amount of time to spend with us on the phone with SPG was a problem for him.
Top notch customer service, thank you!
In gratitude,
Sarah

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dera sunnysarah520,
Thank you so much for letting us know that we were of help to you during your stay with us. We do have a fantastic staff and Manager. I hope you come and stay with us again. We will wow you again.
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stumbled into the Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbour after driving down from Monterey Bay earlier that day. We were hoping to make it into LA, but it was getting late and we decided to pull off the 101 and find somewhere to stay instead, rather than press on.

As we just turned up we were unsure of availability, so checked at the front desk where we were given a choice of rooms and floors. We ended going for the 3rd floor to have a bit of a better view over the harbour, not that we could see much in the dark and fog. The room itself was clean spacious and is what you expect from a Four points. The bathroom was spotless. We only stayed for one night as we were heading onto Vegas the next day, so can’t comment about any of the facilities as we didn’t use them, due to an late night and early start.

The Hotel staff were friendly and gave us a couple of recommendations of where to go for dinner, which was good, as we had no idea of the area. They even printed off a map for us, so we had a better understanding of where we were.

The only downside is that you are charged $10.00 per day for your car, we couldn’t quite understand this, as the car park was fairly big and not even a quarter full, and couldn’t really see any other way to get to the hotel.

All in all though it is what you expect from a Four Points, clean and large rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mal07,
Thank you for your review of our property. We welcome many travelers, just like yourselves, who are on their way to a distant place. As a long time traveler myself, I know how nice it is to have maps and directions, suggestions on shopping and restaurants, all available from the Front Desk. I makes you feel less a stranger. We hope you had a great trip. Happy Traveling, Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort
EEChris77
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Traveled to Ventura, CA in July. Made reservations at the Sheraton 4 Points Ventura, had a great stay. The staff was wonderful and could not have done any more for me and my family. At one point 22 of us met in the lobby, and they offered more chairs and drinks service. The pool is lovely in a beautiful garden setting. The view of the marina each morning was breath taking as well as the strawberry fields all around. We walked to the shops and restaurants on the waterfront and we could have rented bikes at the hotel also. Our room was spacious, there were 4 of us in the room and we were comfortable in the two queen beds. The room was clean and we would stay there again anytime.

Room Tip: Ask for one with balcony overlooking the marina, or one close to the pool
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear EEChris77,
Thank you for letting us know how well we did in making your stay pleasant. It is always so nice to hear. The staff really does like to hear they did a good job of making a guest at home. We do have amble rooms and some good views. Here's to many happy vacations. Come and see us again. Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort
palmdale ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at this property for a little family weekend away. I was a nice property, clean, and friendly staff. Very close to the Harbor village which was nice. My only real disappointment about this trip was not really the hotels fault but I was in the pool area with my husband and 3 year old daughter. After an hour or so of swimming we were about to head to the room and get ready for dinner. As we were heading to the room we decided to stop at the jacuzzi and enjoy the warm water for a minute. A few minutes after we got in a man came in with a little ice chest FULL OF BEER!! I'm pretty sure alcohol is not allowed in areas like that but I could be mistaken. Anyways after about 5 minutes of my family and the man being in the jacuzzi, in a not so polite manner the man told us that children should not be allowed in the jacuzzi area. Which of course upset my husband and myself because my daughter was not even being bad she was sitting in my lap relaxing in the warm water. In order to avoid a confrontation we packed up our things and left, but that whole thing kind of ruined our experience. Again this is not something that was the hotels fault but maybe the hotel should keep a closer eye on their pool and spa areas to prevent drunk rude men from making other guest uncomfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Stephanie S,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our property. I am sorry your family was unable to enjoy your time together. Family time is so important. We do patrol our open spaces and do not allow the behavior you described. Notify the Front Desk anytime you encounter that kind of behavior at any hotel. Please let me know if you come to visit us again. Happy Traveling.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor? Share your experiences!