“Great Value, Pet Friendly and Great Facilities” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Ventura
Los Angeles, California
“Great Value, Pet Friendly and Great Facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Just here for the July 4th long weekend at a great $100-130/night rate. Huge room with full size sofa, balcony and mini fridge. The ice bucket doubles as a cooler bag for the beach, genius! Well manicure lawn and walking path perfect for walking the dog. Great pool, separate sauna, tennis court, basket ball court and volleyball court on site! Bicycles and family-cycles available for rent. Easy access to beach path. Freshly remodeled lobby and updated rooms. Got a room in main bldg near lobby, but surprising quiet. Comfortable sweet sleeper bed and large bathroom. Well lit parking lot. Great location, right at Ventura harbor, and easy access to Ventura downtown and nearby Oxnard.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Luvtosafari,
Thank you for your splendid review. Guests need to know what to expect. You have given a mini tour. I hope you had a great holiday and will return soon to visit us. Hello from the all the staff.
Happy Traveling,
Catherine Stevens, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Escalon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Clean room . Beautiful view of the harbor . The best part was that the pool was heated so We all could swim comfortably . The down side was the spa was in a total different area as the pool and Did not allow children . Service was great ! We have stayed at 3 Sheraton's now and have not been disappointed yet :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear ScottT,
Thank you for posting a review of our property. We like it too. I am sorry the pool and jacuzzi are apart, but I understand on those cool winter nights. It is away from the wind and cold, in its own glass shelter. Happy Traveling, come and see us again.
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Today is the last day of our stay here, and I wish there was more time. But I guarantee you that I will be back. I truly don't understand some of the negative reviews. Maybe we got lucky, but as I look around, I see nothing but quality, although it may be slightly "no-frills".

Location: Right on the harbor, within walking distance of the harbor village, which has plenty of eateries and brewhouses to keep you occupied for the weekend. There's not much else immediately nearby, but I come to Ventura to relax, not look for hustle and bustle. A supermarket is two miles up the road, FYI.

Room: quite large, spotlessly clean, basic furnishings, with a crisp coastal color theme. Garden view first floor room is fantastic, right on the lawn, with a nice private patio and chairs. Views of year-round, glass enclosed hot tub, tennis courts, pool, and beautifully maintained grounds.

Amenities: good restaurant on site with an excellent Sunday brunch, and room service. Free wi-fi in room!!! And good wi-fi, too. Fast enough to play World of Warcraft lag-free. Free bottled water. Cute, modern coffee-maker in-room, and a fridge. From what I understand, you can request a microwave, which should make the room ideal for families.

One other side note: the rooms do have exterior entries. Some reviewers said it was motel-like. This couldn't be further from the truth. The building was designed by the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, and the terraced wrap-around balcony design calls for exterior entries. I work in appraisals, and I've seen many high-end residential apartment and condominium buildings with the same design. It is in no way an indicator of the quality of this hotel.

I really can't say enough nice about this place, especially considering how reasonable the rates are. Ignore the negative reviews, and give it a try.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Lilu12323,
Thank you for the brilliant review. I try to tell about the relaxed atmosphere here and you said it so well. One of our guests told us it was like a secret garden away from the hustle and bustle of the world. I think you understand that too. Please come again and stop by to say hello.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I arrived @ 8am on Memorial Day to go on a hike on Santa Cruz Island (Channel Islands). This hotel is about a 3-5 min. drive to the harbor or if you're not pressed for time, you can walk to the ferry. There were no rooms available but they found a no show so my mom was able to check in around 10am. We were given a very nice, spacious room with a beautiful harbor view. The rates were extremely reasonable, esp. for booking last minute (about 1 week before).
They have a restaurant on site, where they can prepare boxed lunches for the hike (around $10 for a sandwich, bottled water, fruit & chips). They also have a spa onsite.
The rooms appear to be new and/or recently refurbished. It was great to come back to the room after a long hike and take a shower & nap before heading on the road back to LA. I would definitely stay here again, for at least a weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, corner room, facing the harbor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hello Trinisteph,
What a great review. You have given great information on your trip. Thank you for sharing both about the trip and for advice to future guests at our property. We love it when we are helpful in a Guest stay. Happy Traveling.
Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort
brenagain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stay at the Sheraton at least twice a year. This trip was different from the past pleasant experience. This room has toilet trouble and I had to fix the toilet myself six times. Typically, we use the jacuzzi here but last night, there were six kids in the jacuzzi at 9:30pm and we opted out for our own sanity.

Since I always travel with my husband on business trips to this area, we have always gotten a room with a king bed. This time, we got placed in a room with two double beds. I got a call to the room asking if I was satisfied with my room and I explained that I didn't understand why we were booked into a room with two beds. I was told "the hotel is completely sold out and we have no more rooms." What was I going to say?

The location is nice because I walked to the harbor and ate at Christy's Cafe and enjoyed my breakfast. We typically like the jacuzzi but this trip it wasn't going to happen with all the late night kids. Also, they didn't used to charge for parking here. We noticed that they are now charging for parking.

Room Tip: hopefully the hotel imposes a curfew for kids in the spa
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Brenagain,
Thank you for your review. I apologize for any inconvenience you had during your recent stay. We do have a full house during summer and it can be very busy. Please inform our staff any time you have issues with your room. We have a well trained, prompt, and courteous staff, who will come to fix any problems in your room. There has been a parking fee for over a year at our property so that our lot is restricted to only hotel guests and guests at functions on our property. I agree, the Harbor Village is an asset to our community. Happy Traveling, please come see us again.
san diego, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

From our first contact with the front desk they were very helpful providing us with directions and useful information about the surrounding area. We especially enjoyed the heated pool and spa after a long day of driving. It was everything I would expect from a Sheraton hotel; comfortable beds, extremely quiet, perfect setup, fast wifi...definitely a hotel to recommend!

• Stayed June 2012
Dear HarmonyRunner,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We all appreciate it when we have helped someone feel at home and comfortable. Please come again and enjoy.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel is terribly designed. It feels like living in a poor quality outhouse. The first room I checked in appeared after walking almost a mile and the moment I walked in my fiancé found two bugs in the bathroom passage. We asked for a change of rooms which the hotel agreed on. The second room was okay at best but it was also out in an open passage way. I have stayed at four points in the past but this one has to be one of the worst...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TarunK,
I was so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience when first arriving in your room. We have very strict standards of inspection at our property, however, sometimes when the doors are open to the patios and balconies, a small visitor will come in. You were moved to another room and I do hope that was better for you. We have 2 sections to our property. One is our Harborview and one is Garden. The garden area is quite large and has a pool, atrium jacuzzi, tennis courts, small stream, events atrium etc. It is a longer walk to that area as it is part of a greater combination of functions. We are proud of our indoor/outdoor atmosphere. It allows our guests to feel part of our beach and harbor environment. If you stay again, please stop by to say hello. I would like to try to make your stay better than the previous one. Thank you for your review.
Catherine Stevens, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor? Share your experiences!