“Great view with good food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aloha Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 387 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Harbor Blvd.
Transit: Amtrak stop is at Fairgrounds, approximately 1/2 mi north of Aloha Steakhouse.
Central California
“Great view with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

We were in walking distance to several restaurants and chose this one. Good choice! Had a waterfront view without reservations during dinner hours. Clam chowder was excellent. Service was great even with it being very busy.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Reedley
“Great food. Awesome desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011 via mobile

Dined on a Thursday night. Had the baked scallops with broccoli which was delicious and cooked perfectly. The rib steak was cooked to order and was flavorful and tender. We had the clam chowder which rated a 5. There were no left overs at our table--the food was excellent. Server was attentive. The Bananas Foster and chocolate volcano cake were fantastic--made our celebration dinner perfect. We will definitely be back

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ventura, California
“Terrible bar tender and bar maid!!! Food side of things good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I tip well and often. I ordered drinks for the wife and I and gave the bar maid a $50 dollar bill. She decided to not bring my change back until I had to ask for it when we wanted a second round. She then waited another long period of time and they were not to busy at all. When she brought me my change back I received a 10 dollar bill, a five dollar bill, and the rest in singles and get this,,,,, all soaking wet! I told her you got to be kidding and she blamed the bar tender. Food was good, but for drink service they really sugg. I did give all the singles to the bar maid.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
california
“Best Prime Rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

What a great restaurant!!! The service was excellent from the moment we walked in to the time we left. My husband and I didn't have reservation and the gentleman that greeted us like we were the best thing that walked through the doors (nice feeling).
We have dined at many places and this is by far one of the BEST Prime Rib dinners I have ever had. It is melt in your mouth steak.
The young lady that served our table was extremely friendly and accommodating.
If your in Vetura and want a good steak dinner go to Aloha Steakhouse :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thousand Oaks, CA
“Go to Outback Instead”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

We went here for my brother's 29th birthday. There were about 15 of us, and we were seated promptly at our reservation time. I'm not giving much credit here since it was a Tuesday night, so hte restaurant wasn't busy anyway. For starters, I'm pretty sure our waiter was stoned. His speach was slurred and he called several people at the table "dude" repeatedly. When our meals came, he had forgotten to put in my brother's order completely. My brother ordered a fillet, and his option was to give him a prime rib since he could do that quickly. The slab of raw meat that my brother received was disgusting. My prime rib was under-cooked (I asked for medium.) And for a $38 price tag, this was no five star restaurant. It was clearly a dressed up beach bar including paper towels on the floor of the bathroom. The decor is cheesy (hawaiian shirts and patterns on the seats) and there is nothing to suggest an upscale steakhouse. As the title of my post states, you can get a better steak with better service and ambiance for $15 at Outback Steakhouse.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Aloha Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Aloha Steakhouse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.