“This place should be shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Travelers Beach Inn
929 East Thompson Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001   |
Ranked #19 of 20 hotels in Ventura
oregon
“This place should be shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

My husband and I flew from Oregon to attend our Aunt's Funeral and we were turned down by several hotels because of the State Fair,so when we finally found this one,we were relieved to find out they had a room.We paid for 3 nights but we were told that our room would not be ready for an hour so we left to be with family.When we returned it was about 11:30pm we grabbed our bags and TRIED to walk upstairs to our room however it appears that families actually live there and we were stopped at the middle of the stairs by this group of people who would not allow us to pass,they were staring us down as if to intimidate us we finally were ALLOWED to pass,we opened our door and the odor about knocked us off the balcony! We were so tired and exausted that we just proceded to ignore the smell,we put our bags down and looked around, the bathroom was disgusting the shower was covered in grime and rust the toilet was so dirty I put toilet paper down before I used it! We went ahead and tried to sleep but the other patrons kept us up until 3am yelling,blasting their music,slamming doors,etc We finally fell asleep and woke up around 7am And I was in tears I could not spend another night in this DUMP we tried to get someone to come to the window so we could return the key but no one would answer th bell And thats when we saw the sign on the outside window thats off to the side of the office door that says NO REFUNDS! At that point we were so angry we left and found another room on the beach at the Comfort Inn it was great! So travelers beware this place sucks and later on in our stay, I was told it is known as "THE HOOKER MOTEL" that explained everything!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

25 people have reviewed this hotel

lv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

This place was sketchy from the time we pulled in. Let me start with the room, it was dirty, there were shoe prints all over the wall and door where it looked like someone was trying to hold the door from someone trying to break in. The sink didn't work, there was a bloody palm print on the back of the door. The room in all was disgusting. I saw a drug transaction take place as well as hookers being picked up at the store across the street and heading back to the hotel. This is a place where local drug dealers and hookers live full time. But what REALLY took the cake was the crash we heard at 6:30 am, we later found out that a lady jumped out the window to avoid harm. There was blood on the curtain, window and wall. Avoid this place if you value your life.

• Stayed July 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rosedale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

IT was late at night and I needed a cheap room. I figured anything would do, and since it was right by the beach I thought it wouldn't be that bad. This is what I saw and heard while at the motel: scruffy and noisy little children running around and biking, women with tattoos and one missing front teeth, a man on a bike with plastic bags full of aluminum cans, loud music and loud vehicles. And the thing is that these people all LIVE HERE! My room was a basic motel room, but walk outside and it's awful. There is a sign in the office that reads "No Refunds". No kidding...you don'[t need to wonder why that is posted.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cool, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

I totally enjoyed my stay at this motel - the manager was very nice, totally reasonable and upfront, and my room was big, simple and clean. Great cable TV too.

Things you should probably know about this hotel: the clientele is a little bit lowbrow, and it can get noisy. I slept fine on Thursday night but needed earplugs for the weekend.

That being said, if you want a very cheap stay in Ventura with no frills but nice management, this was a great place, and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business

Been to Travelers Beach Inn? Share your experiences!