“This place is the pits.” 1 of 5 stars

Travelers Beach Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   929 East Thompson Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Ventura
Richmond. Surrey
“This place is the pits.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night, and the only positive was good wi fi connection. The room smelt dreadful, the bathroom was awful and the shower so grim I forfeited a shower that day and just had a quick wash. The coffee maker even had the previous guest's old filter left in
it!!!! The owner was a nosey old biddy, who asked so many personal questions. We half expected her to ask for inside leg measurements, she was so personal.Do
yourselves a favour and stay elsewhere. This place really was not nice

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We got there late in the night. We needed only a bed and a shower. The person from the front desk started to question us about personal staff and after a 10 min interview she liked us and we got a nice room upstairs above her office. The tv was very nice and the bed comfortable. The room was not very clean but I care less about the dust. This place is very close to Starbucks and the world famous fish taco. It looks like if the lady from front desk likes you, you are like. We were there only for one night. We arrived late around 10 pm and left before 10 am next morning. I saw the creepy truck but I was not afraid at all. The parking lot is all open and I don't think that someone will break into your car in the parking lot. We had a coupon for that motel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Simi Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I booked this place online in hopes that it would be decent for my daughter and I to stay for just one night. As I pulled in the parking lot my daughter said to me please mom "don't make us stay here" it scared her!!! We looked over at the rooms and there was a van that looked like somebody was living in it! I don't know who would actually stay there with their young daughter after seeing a creepy van parked right in front of one of the rooms?? As we looked a little closer We noticed that it really looked like people actually lived In the hotel. We looked over at the dumpsters which are located in front of the hotel by the pool and there was a bum digging through the trash!!!
I promised my daughter that we would not be staying here! And I proceeded to the office where I waited for someone to come out.. When the woman came out I told her that my daughter and I were just going to stay somewhere else and asked if she could not charge me for the night and she said no refunds! I explained to her that I hadn't even checked in yet.. She said to bad I'm charging you anyway! I then explained to her that we were not comfortable staying there because the van scared us and I that I wasn't comfortable staying there when people live there. She accused me of being discriminating towards people that are poor! She went on to say to me " do you think that the people that live here are going to KILL YOU?? By her saying that really freaked me out!!! She kept lying and saying things that I WAS NOT saying., She just left the room and left me standing there. I then walked out and took pictures of the van and the bum digging in the trash and imediatly called my bank to stop payment and while i was on the phone with my bank they told me that she had just charged my card., so creepy, when she left me standing in that room she went in the back to charged my card.. I also called booking.com and complained they called het to try and get her to refund me snd she told them that i offended her and that i was discriminating towards her and her Guests.. "TENANTS" is what she meant! She was the creepiest person I have ever come in contact with in my entire life!!! Please pay 10.00 more and stay somewhere else!
This place claims its a hotel, Inn, motel "whatever" but it really is an apartment building for the homeless..

• Stayed March 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I checked in after a long day of driving. The lady who checked me in was very rude and insisted my boyfriend get out of the car and come into the lobby. When he did she questioned him like he was a criminal. After we finally got our keys we went directly to the room. It was filthy. There were stains on the sheets and the bathroom was disgusting. I went back to the lobby to request a new room. The clerk once again was rude and spoke down to me. Our new room was worse tha. The first. It smelled terrible and had a leaking toilet. I asked for a refund and the clerk began to scream at me and my boyfriend. She refused to give me my money back and then kicked us out. She pretended to call the police and then flagged down a guest who was outside and told them my boyfriend was harrassing her and we trashed her room and were refusing to leave the property.

Certified crazy.

• Stayed August 2013
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

i arrived late requesting a first floor room...at first i was told there were none, then the nice desk clerk came to the car and said she did have one available....it was comfortable and roomy...my room had no coffee maker at all, and fortunately, i travel with one!....i enjoyed the stay as the inn is seemingly in the center of everything i wanted to do/see....a 5 min walk from the beach which was a pleasant surprise when i got up the first morning....the downside is, i stepped on a carpet tack which was exposed due to the carpet separating at the seem near the bathroom door...all in all, i'd stay here again!...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I could NOT stand to stay here for more than an hour. The bed had visible bugs on it. The bed side table was broken, the lamps were inoperable or nonexistent. The window was propped open with a hanger. The floor was disgusting & there was mold on the walls & ceiling. The office manager was rude & kept my ID!!! Worst experience ever!!!

• Stayed August 2013
LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was put up at Travelers Beach Inn for 2 weeks, which is a cheap motel as far as cost are concerned. As I was working nearby and motel was paid for by employing my company, I had little say in it. I normally, stay at higher quality hotels/motels. I did see the previous reviews and had concenrs for my stay. I worked long hours and only used room as place to sleep an d shower. It is an OK motel at the lower price cost and near the beach, a few blocks away. I DID NOT FELL THREATENED NOR AT RISK.

It is an older motel, the room was clean and neat. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was fine (only a shower, no tub). Maid service was good. The color TV worked well and there was plenty of choiced. The small frig was stuck on frozen setting and I could not change it. The coffee maker worked well and I did use it, coffee is supplied (even at cheap rooom rates) there was a microwave I did not use it. The room had a table and 2 chairs, I felt the chairs were a bit low in size, but functional. There was A/C unit, but never needed to use it. The motel was not noisey and I did get mey needed sleep. As stated earlier it is OLDER MOTEL, THE 2ND FLOOR EXTERIOR WALKWAY IS COVER IN OUTDOOR CARPET AND IS VERY WORN, BUT AGAIN THIS AIN'T THE taj mahal. Parking is a bit tight, but OK. They have a pool, never jumped in, the weather was very cool for August, go figure. (global warming right??). The staff were freindly and helpiful

In a nut shell, if you are looking for inexpensive accommodations in Ventura, this might be a good fit. I have stayed at some real dives and Travelers is NOT a dive. On a budget, then try it out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Travelers Beach Inn? Share your experiences!