“stop, dont stay here......” 1 of 5 stars

Travelers Beach Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   929 East Thompson Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001   |
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Ventura
Ventura, California
“stop, dont stay here......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

this motel is filty. i checked in to this motel without knowing what kind of place it was. after seeing my room i went back to the office and asked for my money back. not only did i not get my money back but a bad attitude from the lady running the office. i then ask for another room once again she would not help me the roomm was dirty with a bad smell to it, .the lamp had a hugh hole in it. the bathroom window would not shut all the way, i had to put towels on the window so know one could see in. i was there for 3 days and not once did any housekeepper come and ask me if i needed so much as a towel. by the time i left i had bumps all over me. come to find out that the bumps were bed mites. so please stop before renting a room at this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Short walk from the old town & all the good bars & restaurants. Rooms are a bit shabby. The staff were helpfull. The area looked a bit dodgy at first but we walked around at night & didn't find any trouble.
Cheap rooms, Ok if your not fussy & just looking for somewhere to bed down for the night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

On friend's advice, I stayed here during my visit to Ventura & Sacramento. The place is very near to ventura peer & surfing point and close to down town & main street. My stay in this motel was quiet comfortable & at a low price of $44.99 plus tax. although the rates on weekend days were higher, but the lady charged me the same rate even on weekend. I shall again stay here whenever I visit CA again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

This place is filthy, full of prostitutes, and just nasty. After arriving, a police officer drove into the parking lot and I questioned him as to whether we were in a bad area. He stated that anything on Thompson Blvd. is really bad- lots of prostitution, lots of drugs and he advised me to leave the area as soon as possible.

The furniture in the room looks like its from the 70's in both look as well as condition, there were stains all over the walls and carpet, the mattress had holes in it, microwave was filthy, shower floor was filthy, pool was dirty and the owners' residence is in the hotel so they were cooking their food in a barbeque right next to the little pool.

We stayed there one night and cancelled the 2 additional days that we were supposed to stay there. If you are going to get an economical deal, stick to at least Motel 6.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
bsshante, General Manager at Travelers Beach Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Guest's comments about prostitutes and drugs are wrong. We do not allow any illegal activity on the property. Our hotel policies are very clear about any illegal activity ,disturbing of peace and quite hours. Police officer said things in general on Thompson Blvd. It was different few years ago under older management. Barbecue belongs to a customer. Some workers come here on the regular basis form 200-300 miles. Sometimes they spend weekends too. They use it once a while to relax near the pool and invite live in manager. Besides barbecue no other cooking is done. I agree furniture is not modern, but provide clean and fresh linen. We will check/talk to the maid and maintenance about cleanliness issues.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

My husband and I were on a road trip and were passing through Ventura late and needed a place to sleep for the night. Well it was quite an experience. When we were checking in the couple at the front desk were arguing wiyh eachother on which room to give us. She insisted on the "good" room 237 because we looked like nice people. We should have known better. While walking to our room we noticed there were several people living in this hotel. 3 doors down from us there was a younger girl maybe late teens crawling through the window. When she noticed me watching her she said it was okay and that was her friends room. Well apparently it wasn't okay with the friend because when she came "home" an altercation broke out. There was screaming and yelling and the women said she had a male client with her and the young girl was saying she was out of her drugs. These disruptions continued through the night. More guys came and went. The next morning we went to shower and leave as soon as possible. We had absolutely no hot water! I nicely asked the female owner when checking out for some kind of a refund and explained why I was displeased. She refused and stated that I was lying there was hot water, they had just fixed the water heater. I'm positive I took a cold shower! And that she wouldn't give us a discount because she gave us the " nice" room that normally goes for $120 a night! Are you kidding me! I told her I thought she was crazy and left without my refund. Stay somewhere else, if we would have kept going on Thompson there were plenty of other hotels with I'm sure competitive rates without the prostitute/ drug dealer three doors down!

• Stayed April 2011
Madrid, España
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We went to this hotel because both Santa Barbara and Carpinteria hotels were fully booked, so we were afraid of not finding another one. It was a mistake. Once you enter in the office you can smell dirtiness and curry but the worse thing is the room. There should be bugs because the next day the body itch to everybody. Also I made the mistake of going barefood to the bathroom. The fitted carpet was so dirty that my feet were sticked. It was horrible. I really think that the place should be closed, even is the most cheap motel that I've found in California.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
L.A.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

even if you are on a budget, as i was, DO NOT STAY IN THIS FILTHY HELL HOLE. i woke up at 3 am to find the room, 233, infested with bed bugs. when i complained, i was told the manager was in India (go figure) by a rude, smelly Indian woman who may or may not have had a minor command of english. hard to tell. DISGUSTING. SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!

BTW, i called the ventura county dept. of health. they don't take complaints of this nature.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Travelers Beach Inn? Share your experiences!