“Fabulous First B&B Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victorian Rose

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ventura
Victorian Rose
You added Victorian Rose to your Saves list
896 E. Main Street, Ventura, CA   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Ventura B&B and Inns
La Mesa
“Fabulous First B&B Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Victorian Rose for two nights in the Victorian Rose room while celebrating my 30th birthday. It was a great experience for us. Nona and Richard are very warm and inviting. Nona made me a special birthday dessert. They provide wine and cheese and dessert nightly allowing the guests to socialize. The old church is amazing. It is such a different experience from anywhere else that you might stay. The breakfast was delicious. I would go back in a heartbeat. We went on the sea cave kayaking tour in the Channel Islands one day. The whole trip was wonderful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Burbank, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 32 anniversary at this exquisite one of a kind B&B. Nona & Robert
are absolutely delightful hosts. Their story of renovating a 120 year old church and how they turned it into one of the most unique bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in was festinating. Breakfast was scrumptious and late afternoon wine and cheese hit the spot after a day of antique hunting in old downtown Ventura.

Room Tip: Upstairs Emperors room has it's own stain glass window
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
München
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We loved everything: the unique building, the beautiful decoration, the Victorian Rose room with very comfortable bed, the quietness, the wonderful hosts, the excellent breakfast and afternoon snacks. What other reviewers didn't mention so often: we very much enjoyed the afternoon talks with Nona and Richard as well as fascinating other guests. And as the unique place seems to attract unique guests, there is always a good chance for interesting conversations.
Little downsides: not much space for our big suitcases in the room; only window that opened was the patio door; the lock on the patio door didn't work, we couldn't do more than pull it closed though the patio was shared with other rooms and accessable from the street...
Nevertheless we would definitely stay there again, and we very much hope that we really will make it again though it's pretty far from home in Germany...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Victorian Rose is such a unique and lovely B & B. I can't say enough good things about Nona and Richard. They really go all out to make certain everyone is comfortable and welcome. The decor is so unique and historical.
Both Nona and Richard are so very helpful to guide one to the best places to eat, and visit.

One of our favorite places to stay, we will be back soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vista, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Excellent hospitality, warmth and breakfast, great wine and cheese reception, convenient location to beach and downtown, bed in Wysteria room should be replaced- sinks 4 inches when you sit on it, no mattress topper, uncomfortable. Deck off of room a nice addition, plants on deck need some attention, decor a bit worn- could benefit from a deep cleaning, air circulation in main room absent. Incredible ambiance with sunlight filtering through stained glass windows, clean and unusual bathroom. Peaceful setting. Welcoming.

Room Tip: Choose room on NW corner of building. No streets neighbor this side of the building and it has it...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Oceanside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Looks like a fantastic place but... I made a reservation on their website that appeared to go through. I called them to verify and was told they were sold out and I didn't have a reservation. So if you are planning to stay there just call them to make your reservation until the web is updated.
I was disappointed but will try again some other time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This was my second stay at the Victorian Rose. This was a relax and loaf around Ventura weekend. I felt my shoulders drop 2 inches when I was welcomed by Nona! The room and deck were just what I needed. I slept SOOOO well - the bed was delightfully comfortable. You couldn't ask for more gracious hosts or a more peaceful environment. And then there were Swedish pancakes....need I say more!

Room Tip: Rooms opening onto the deck are wonderful
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Victorian Rose? Share your experiences!