“Looking for a good breakfast place?” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 378 restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
“Looking for a good breakfast place?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying I've only eaten here for breakfast so I can not speak about their lunch. This has to be one of the better breakfast places in Ventura. I do not recall ever having a bad experience with any in of the items on thier breakfast menu. The food is really good with the biscuits and homemade jam being thier signature item. The portions are decent and the service is always pleasant. The restaurant is small and narrow with limited seating. The morning rush on the weekend tends to cause long lines. Averge wait on a weekend morning can be 30-45 minutes. This is one of my favorite places and considering the limited amount of decent restaurants in Ventura County, this is one of the better ones around. If you are ever in the area, this is worth the visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Ojai, California
“I Only Found it Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I decided to try this cafe on the recommendation of a friend. We had lunch. The food was just OK, the service was slow and not all that attentive and the atmosphere is claustrophobic. The cafe is long and narrow with a small counter, booths along the wall & two person tables on the other wall. They tucked a salad bar in behind the kitchen and some tables. This is not very appealing at all. The cafe seems to specialize in breakfast and their jams. Unfortunately we ordered sandwiches and perhaps that was our mistake. The Reuben sandwich was just OK but the side of onion rings were fried in a heavy batter and not that tasty. Coffee was OK but not memorable.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Can't beat the breakfasts here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I found this restaurant by mistake and I've eaten breakfast there twice. We have had to wait about 20 minutes to get a table which is usually a good indication that the food is good. It is VERY good and they have awards going back to about 2005 from different local restaurant award services. The food is great, the service is very good and the price is very reasonable.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glacier National Park, Montana
“Biscuits for all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Fine, old time setup. The place is really small, so be prepared to wait if you go on the weekend, but the biscuits and strawberry jam are well worth the wait. I love their omelets and the service is great--even when they are busy.

Visited May 2012
Los Angeles
“Everybody at our table loved what they got”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I ordered the egg sandwich and it didn't let me down. Two others enjoyed their scrambles. The corned beef and hash guy liked his and my twin boys loved their shaped pancakes (even though one was bigger than the other). The jam was awesome and the waitresses are good on the eyes. We'll be back!

Visited August 2012