“I Only Found it Average” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Ojai, California
“I Only Found it Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I decided to try this cafe on the recommendation of a friend. We had lunch. The food was just OK, the service was slow and not all that attentive and the atmosphere is claustrophobic. The cafe is long and narrow with a small counter, booths along the wall & two person tables on the other wall. They tucked a salad bar in behind the kitchen and some tables. This is not very appealing at all. The cafe seems to specialize in breakfast and their jams. Unfortunately we ordered sandwiches and perhaps that was our mistake. The Reuben sandwich was just OK but the side of onion rings were fried in a heavy batter and not that tasty. Coffee was OK but not memorable.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Can't beat the breakfasts here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I found this restaurant by mistake and I've eaten breakfast there twice. We have had to wait about 20 minutes to get a table which is usually a good indication that the food is good. It is VERY good and they have awards going back to about 2005 from different local restaurant award services. The food is great, the service is very good and the price is very reasonable.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glacier National Park, Montana
“Biscuits for all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Fine, old time setup. The place is really small, so be prepared to wait if you go on the weekend, but the biscuits and strawberry jam are well worth the wait. I love their omelets and the service is great--even when they are busy.

Visited May 2012
Los Angeles
“Everybody at our table loved what they got”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I ordered the egg sandwich and it didn't let me down. Two others enjoyed their scrambles. The corned beef and hash guy liked his and my twin boys loved their shaped pancakes (even though one was bigger than the other). The jam was awesome and the waitresses are good on the eyes. We'll be back!

Visited August 2012
Ventura, California
“Good Home Cookn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've been to Allisons many times and the food is always the same as I had the time before and I like that. The people are mostly friendly all the time but there was a time when we weren't even acknowledged and they kept walking past us. Forgiven and forgotten, we will still go there.

Visited February 2012