“California Mission Touring” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Ventura
North Highlands, California
“California Mission Touring”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

We stayed here on a trip while we were touring the Historical California Missions. The hotel was close to the freeway, so as long as we kept the windows closed there was no noise. This unfortunately did not allow for the lovely cool breeze to come into the room, but I expected to have freeway noise when I made the reservation. We were with in walking distance to some fast food and other places so it make the stay easy. We were also able to walk to the Venture State Beach. The Venture Pier was just a half mile away and downtown Venture was also a short drive. The hotel gives a voucher for a free breakfast at the local Denny's. The breakfast was good, but what you would expect from a Denny's. Expect for a small mishap with the bathroom toilet the stay was very good.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
ComfortInnVenturaGM, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Thank You for giving us some feedback about your recent visit! We're so glad you were able to enjoy the Ventura area and do some great sightseeing! As you said, our hotel does have a great location being so close to the beach, downtown, food, and the freeway. Everything you need when traveling! We hope to see you again soon in Ventura!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Pros:
-Clean
-Good staff
-Good location, a couple minutes from the beach, next to freeway
-Free wi-fi

Cons:
-Old property (I could hear my noisy neighbors when I was trying to rest as sound proofing between rooms is poor)
-Not much parking

Things to know:
-Hotel provides a breakfast voucher for Denny's across the street

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
ComfortInnVenturaGM, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank You for letting us hear what you thought about our property! I'm so glad you thought our staff was friendly and they made you feel welcome. It is our goal to make each guest feel at home during their stay and so you will find us anxious to help! We hope to see you the next time you visit Ventura!
Paradise, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

This was my second stay at this Comfort Inn--and I was just as pleased as I was with my stay in 2010. All of the rooms have been refurbished at this time and that means every room is a quiet one, even though the convenient location is close to a freeway and a busy street.

The rooms are well-appointed and everything is immaculately clean. I felt safe, comfortable and well-cared for throughout my three-night stay. Internet speed was speedy, too.

Management at this Comfort Inn seems to hire the very best employees. Each person I encountered was polite, professional and truly seemed enthused about making my stay a delightful one. This hotel is small (under 50 rooms, I'm guessing) and I think that contributes to the feeling that employees have the time to help you; they seem to see each guest not as an impersonal "credit card with a room number" but as people who are traveling through and could really appreciate some hospitality.

I really like the breakfast "voucher" for Denny's rather than having a "breakfast room" in the hotel. This keeps the lobby area quieter and it doesn't smell like waffles all day! Keep in mind the breakfast is from 6 to 9 am (I believe), so plan your waking accordingly. Also, while you can "see" the Denny's just across the nearby intersection, walking there involves using three crosswalks at the signal--but that's a bit of exercise to burn off the breakfast calories coming back!

Note: This Comfort Inn is within walking distance of the ocean as well as some fun dining opportunities on Seaward on the way walking to the beach (if you head to the beach via Seaward, it's about half a mile).

After staying at hotels/motels in the Ventura area for the past eight years, we've found our "home" in Ventura when we visit our son, who lives there. We'll always stay at this Comfort Inn--the great service, predictably wonderful rooms and value for the dollar will have us coming back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011 via mobile

Thise past Sat was my 7th time staying there I love thise hotel the rooms R nice a clean and ur suites r very beautiful.. Keep up the good jod guys and thank u 4 a great night ill c u guys soon......

• Stayed April 2011
ComfortInnVenturaGM, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2011
Thank You for sharing your opinion and coming back time and time again! It's a real treat when our guests return because we are able to get to know you better and hopefully develop some new friendships! We'll be anxiously awaiting your 8th visit to Comfort Inn Ventura!
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

The hotel is clean and located in a convenient location really close to the freeway. The property is close to the beach and within a short drive of other convenient, range of fast food and other types of restaurants. I travelled with a group of high school students and I recognize the convenience of an In-N-Out Burger next door, a Denny's and McDonald's within walking distance. Gas station nearby, too. We drove 5 to 10 minutes to the Pacific View Mall for dinner where the team ate a Red Robin with other options like the California Pizza Kitchen next to it plus I was curious about Danny's Deli that received positive reviews on Trip Advisor. The next morning we used the breakfast vouchers or $5 credit at Denny's nearby and everything worked out great. Although close to the freeways, the double pane windows greatly reduced the sounds of cars to barely noticeable though I am heavy sleeper. I would recommend this Comfort Inn as a well run facilty.

• Stayed April 2011
ComfortInnVenturaGM, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2011
Thank You for sharing about your visit to Ventura. I can only imagine how stressful it can be to travel with a group of high school students, I'm glad we were able to help make your trip run smoothly. Our double paned windows really make a difference when you're at a hotel located just off of the freeway, and a good night's sleep is so important when you are traveling! We hope to see you back at Comfort Inn soon!
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Drove straight here after long flight from Australia. We were tired and cranky, it was hell on wheels trying to stay on the wrong (right!) side of the road and the satellite navigation system refused to load my recently updated maps of the US. We had a long road trip to Seattle ahead of us. Enter our angel Paola at Choice Ventura. Paola went above and beyond the call of duty to download and install new maps on the satnav and ensure they all worked. Thank you, Paola and Choice! Added to this, the room was clean, the bed comfy and the shower hot! The breakfast at Denny's supplied as part of the room rate was good value too. I'd highly recommend Comfort Ventura to others.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnVenturaGM, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Thank you so much for letting us hear how we were able to help you during your trip! Our front desk understands how stressful it can be to travel and we try to do anything we can to make your stay carefree. It is so nice to hear we were able to cater to your needs and let you relax once you arrived. We hope to see you again in Ventura soon!
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Book your room in advance. They have great rooms that are kept clean. You will notice that they are backed-up against hiway 101 the rooms are very quiet inside. If yo
very limited space available in the parking lot to manuver around in.

This was a great experience for us as I was traveling with my grandaughter and great grandaughter. Everyone was very helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
ComfortInnVenturaGM, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
We are so glad you were able to enjoy your stay at Comfort Inn Ventura. Even though we are located so close to the highway, our guests will find our rooms are able to keep the noise out due to our double paned windows. That's important when you're on the road and need a good nights sleep! Thank you for taking to the time to leave us some feedback, we look forward to seeing you next time you're in Ventura!

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!