“Wow, what a meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 387 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Restaurant Hours: SUN-TUES 11:30am-9:00pm WED-THUR 11:30am-10:00pm FRI-SAT 11:30am-11:00pm We have a Private Dining Room and offer Patio seating overlooking beautiful downtown Ventura! Lure Fish House was created with the goal of providing you with a Top Tier Seafood Experience featuring fresh and sustainable seafood from trusted sources. Our restaurant strives to provide locally caught seafood, organically grown local produce, and wines from local vineyards whenever possible. We also feature a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an oyster bar serving a variety of fresh items that can vary daily. Lure specializes in Mesquite charbroiled seafood while also providing uniquely prepared selections by our chef. We print our menus daily to reflect availability and guarantee freshness. Our primary goal is to provide you, our guest, a fun and exciting seafood experience. So just remember, "if you are looking for a healthy and delicious dish...Eat more fish!"
Hartford, New York
“Wow, what a meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Local Halibut, Rock Fish, and Tequila Shrimp Pasta were all completely consumed because of the amazing tastes. Everything was extremely fresh. We had a great view looking into the kitchen and it was mesmerizing to watch all the employees preparing the meals. I have never seen a cleaner kitchen than this one. Our waiter was awesome, I wish I got his name. The menu had something for everyone, seafood and steaks. Appetizers were fantastic and so was dessert. The place was packed and it was simple to figure out why. Go here for possibly one of the best seafood dinners of your life. If the tables are full, or even if they are not, get a seat where you can look directly in to the kitchen. It was very entertaining.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a bite to eat on our way from LA to SF.

This place is seriously good. The food, ambience and service are all top drawer.

Special thanks to our waiter David who was a real star. Check this place out!

Visited August 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Delicious Food and Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Great seafood! I had the salmon and it was prepared perfectly! Good service. A bit expensive and always a wait, although you can sit at the bar to eat or wait for your table. the best Key Lime Pie I have every had!! I would make a reservation.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“surprisingly poor experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I never (ever ever) share negative comments unless it was pretty bad. This experience was more surprising, than really bad. My daughter and I had "pre-back-to-school-shopping" lunch here and were surprised by the slow service and poor taste of the food. The reason we were surprised was we eat here several times a month and have enjoyed it everytime. The server was very good, kept filling our waters, telling us "your food is on it's way" with a smile. BUT, the food was coming out very slow, which is not usual. We got there before the lunch rush, so not sure what the problem was. On top of that, I was served the WORST salad ever. I usually get the Kale Tuscan salad, and saw taht I could add fried calamari (or chicken or salmon, etc.). Instead of my expectation of crunchy calamari on top of a beautiful salad, I got OLD, cold, chewy calamari. Who fries calamari, and sets it aside to get cold and soggy? Eeewwwww. I told the waitress and she said she would tell her manager. So, hopefully that get THAT menu item fiasco fixed. The slow service? Couldn't see the why behind it, but it wouldn't keep me from going back and giving it another try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kalispell, Montana
“fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Had a wonderful late night meal. There was only one other table eating besides us. We ate in the back which was very quiet and nice. Food and wait staff was exceptional. Can't wait to go back. Did eat at the one in Agoura and it didn't compare to Ventura.

Visited July 2014

Been to Lure Fish House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lure Fish House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.