“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #188 of 387 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Pizza, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Home to the Original BBQ Chicken Pizza and other innovative hearth-baked pizzas, made-to-order pastas, creative salads, appetizers, soups, sandwiches and desserts. It's a California State of Mind.
Ventura, California
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've gone into this California Pizza Kitchen multiple times. It's a typical CPK in a mall setting. The hostess was a super nice college student this time, but the waitress wasn't good or bad. She seemed a little distracted or busy. The menu has a fair selection of salads and pizzas. I would classify this as lite fair. I don't get super full, so it's a good lunch. They serve their bread now with seasoned olive oil. It has alot of garlic in it, but everyone at my table enjoyed it compared with their old way of serving plain bread only by request.

Visited May 2014

Ventura, California, USA
“Best Drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Get the strawberry lemonaid with a shot of kettle one! Best drink ever!!! Our server had an off day so cpk only gets 4 starts. Food is always good and consistent.

Visited November 2013
Santa Monica, CA
“Food good, service average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We frequent this place at least once a month. The food is always good and the orders are rarely wrong, but sometimes we have to wait too long for our order. The wait staff is very inconsistent.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The Best CPK Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This restaurant is located inside the mall in Ventura. The food was delicious and the service was exceptional. Our server was extremely polite, as was the entire staff. We love CPK and this is the best one we've visited yet. The portions are large. Two people could easily split a pizza and salad. Perfection.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ventura, California
“Expensive with cheap portions!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I ate here last weekend and really noticed how small the portions have become. I could count the arugula on my salad (10 leaves) and the asparagus was so minimal with 3 one inch pieces on the plate! Although it was one of their small plate salads, it was ridiculously small and quite the rip off. When I asked where the asparagus was, the waiter told me "its a small plate" and I was schooled about the small plate portions. I won't order any of those again because it might have been a "small" portion but the price was BIG!

This CPK is under new management and Wow could I tell the difference, I never had any of the wait staff argue with me about 3 tiny pieces of asparagus before, and I've eaten here many times in the past. Considering the cost of food here, I expect more than I ever get. Beware of rip offs here.

• Visited July 2013