“Tacos on the Pier...YUMMO” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #80 of 382 restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Mexican
Camarillo, California
“Tacos on the Pier...YUMMO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Last Sunday, I decided it was time for a long walk on the pier.(as compared to a long walk on a short pier :)) I have always wanted to stop and try the New taco place, so I did! I was very pleased. The tacos are NOT your greasy average place. Not a fancy place either ... but a few tables and a surrounding bar and long benches to sit up (liked the tall benches)on. But this place upped their game on tacos. The incorporate seafood and offer several kinds of tacos including the good tradtional fish tacos. They had combination plates and burritos with a good healthy variation of ingredients.You are also offered vegan and vegitarian choices as well as grilled or fried options. Several salsas were offered, I tried the medium and found it to be good. The area where you eat is enclosed and later in the afternoon there are heaters available. It gets a little windy, so the wind block is appreciated. I tried the shrimp tacos and got them grilled. I loved them! They were more like a little packet of healthy vaired types of lettuce,and shrimp, with a kick of lime. The only thing I would suggest it a faster pay wait time to keep the hungry natives happy. You cannot beat the view of the ocean. Next time Seafood Burrito or a Calimari taco. :)

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Pretty awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I was bumming around the pier at sunset and caught a glimpse of this taco shack. I decided to pick up a calamari taco and a beer for a snack, and I wished I was hungrier. After eating it I wanted to try all of them. The tacos were really unique and good. The price is right too. If you want a casual outdoor meal hit up beach house tacos. The tacos were great, plus you can't beat the view either!

Crown Point, Indiana, USA
“Best Calamari Tacos Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We visited the Fish House on Ventura Pier. I ate the best fish and calamari tacos I have ever had. I even took a couple of calamari tacos home and ate them the next morning for breakfast. They were delicious with my morning coffee. We can't wait to return!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westlake Village, California
“Perfect Fish Tacos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is just the perfect Beach Taco place. Its at the end of Ventura Pier, enclosed by glass and covered so you have open air, but protected a bit from wind and sun. The menu is not extensive, but we had three of their taco offerings and they were each wonderful in their own distinctive way. I will return!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Great afternoon bite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This taco shack is on the base of the Ventuar pier and features flavorful baja fish tacos and many other varieties. Outside seating overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

Visited January 2013