“Good brunch and bloody mary's!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rhumbline

Rhumbline
1510 Anchors Way Drive, Ventura, CA 93001 (Formerly Scotch & Sirloin)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #190 of 385 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Schooner Drive
Transit: Ventura Harbor water taxi.
Erie, Colorado
“Good brunch and bloody mary's!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had brunch there with family during the holidays. I understand they are under new management and it did show a bit. They were friendly and the food was tasty but the service was lacking. need to work on the management of this restaurant a little more, then I think it will have great potential:)

Visited January 2013

Ventura, California
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went here for a quiet dinner for my sister's wedding anniversary. It was our first time. We ordered the calamari with marinara sauce. It was horrible. No flavor and too much batter. The sauce tasted liked canned. What is good about this place is the ambiance, the view and our server. This restaurant needs to improve quicky or it's going to die on the vine. We truly want to see this place succeed. The only reason we would return is for a glass of wine and the sunset.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Southern California
“Perfect harbor view location to meet friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Great place to meet friends for happy hour. The bar menu has a good variety and they have weekday specials. All of the people who work there are pleasant and helpful. I had the grilled cheese and tomato soup. Tasty slightly too thick, but I rather it be thick vs thin.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, California
“What a terrific discovery!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just a few minutes walk from Harborpoint Resort. Where is everyone? This restaurant is super and should be jammed packed, but fortunately for us ... it wasn't. Spectacular views and excellent service from Chelsea (relatively new employee) who was attentive, pleasant and personable. Don't miss their weekday happy hour drinks and food - fabulous! We had an outstanding lunch with a friend who drove up from Santa Monica and decided to return another day with our small dog for happy hour outside. I think we will try to get there at least once more during our week's stay here before heading back to Oakland. Our meals were very good; highly recommend the tuna tatars appetizer and salads. We're going to try the prime rib special tonight! This place should definitely be on the list ... along with 71 Palm and Brophy's.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Ventura, CA
“Have always LOVED the location... Glad to have a great place to eat in it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have missed the old Scotch and Sirloin; so, I was VERY happy to learn that there was a new eatery opened at the old location.
We went there for our anniversary and were very pleasantly suprised! I had the filet, it was cooked to perfection, was tender and flavorful (and almost as good as the filet that I had last week at Gordon Ramsay Steak just last week, at half the price). The baked potato had not seen a microwave, the Brie sherry sauce was devine! Hubby had the fried shrimp... He said they were perfect! Caesar salad was well dressed ( not overly so); but, the coleslaw was a bit runny.
Mixed drinks were a bit weak, service was just a bit above average; however, when I called to make the reservation, and ask a few questions about the menu, the person that I talked with WAS a bit rude, telling me she was too busy to answer any more questions.... I will ding service a bit for this.
Bathrooms were clean, great views, decor a bit bland. Noise from bar was a bit distracting, and this was early on a Monday evening!
We will be back to try other items on the menu.... I highly recommend.
Oh.... This is the first restaurant in a long time where, we were not comped a small desert for a birthday or anniversary.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere