“Taste is what it's all about at Wood Ranch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Ventura, California
“Taste is what it's all about at Wood Ranch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

You can smell wood ranch from a mile off, and that's a good thing. Their rolls and mac and cheese are write-home-about-worthy, and the bbq (ribs, pulled pork, try-tip) are all stellar. Best $19 sirloin steak in town for sure. They always get the cooking temperature right, and the service is always friendly and fast. They are sometimes VERY busy, and don't take reservations. Show up, get your name on the list, and have a drink at the bar or hang out under the heat lamps by the entry way. For a full scale high end bbq chain, these guys nail it.

Visited January 2013

“Delicious Mac n cheese, tri tip and sweet smashed potatoes.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I always order exactly what I said in the title. Mac n cheese so creamy and rich you can't help but make those mmmmm noises. This place is always busy on the weekends, expect a long wait, or take-out!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great family restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Wood Ranch has a great family friendly environment. Delicious food and huge portions. We like to go with the grandparents and kids for a fun night out.

Visited December 2012
Ventura, California
“Great Manager at Wood Ranch Ventura”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just returned from dinner at Wood Ranch in Ventura, CA. Prior to this visit I had an issue with a gift card/promotional card that was not accepted by any of the staff, including a prior manager. I was not a happy customer and I wrote a rather negative review of my experience. I am happy to report that the restaurant manager, Brian Watson, was able to resolve the issue. I told Brian that I had purchsed a gift card for a colleague for $50 and by doing so I earned a $10 promotional card. When I tried to use the card at a dinner on another night, my waitperson informed me the car could not be used on a Friday or Saturday night even though nowhere on the card any limits on the card usage were printed. Tonight Brian gave me credit for the card and now I'm a happy customer. Brian understands the concept of keeping the customer happy and by accepting my promotional card that other Wood Ranch employees failed to do, has made me want to eat at the restaurant once again. Thanks Brian for being a real professional. ( I found out during our conversation that Brian is a graduate of Pepperdine University with a marketing and advertising degree. The Wood Ranch people were smart enouth to hire him. People like Brian in management make Wood Ranch the quality restaurant that owners of other restaurants try to emulate. ) Jim Steele, Ventura CA

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxnard, California
“Yummy Ribs and BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great atmosphere and yummy food. The Chicken BBQ salud is so yummy and so is the baby back pork ribs. Price is a little high but then you get a great place to celebrate or visit and hey don't forget the garlic butter bisquits they give you....sooooo good!

• Visited November 2012