“Charming winery” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 46 things to do in Ventura
6 attraction reviews
“Charming winery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I recently visited this winery with my family. I wasn't the only one with a family. There was a couple of groups of women with a picnic spread and many children. However, when I approached the establishment, I was told (by an older gentleman at the info office) that this wasn't the ideal spot for that sort of activity. Hmmm?? We went ahead and parked ourselves beneath the trees on a patch of lush beautiful grass. I purchased a bottle of the Rose' & it was delicious! The woman in the wine tasting room was very nice and offered me a tablecloth & wine glasses to borrow while we hung out there. I had actually visited this place a few years ago with a girlfriend and had a great time. A good experience again with my family this time although the "initial" greeting was a little unfriendly. It was a ralaxing & peaceful hour. Beautiful landscaping

Pasadena, California
“Charming winery with load of character”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I visited the Old Creek Ranch Winery last weekend while staying at the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa with the rest of our extended family and the afternoon was absolutely perfect. It was quite a crowded day for wine tasting, but we never felt rushed, or unwanted, and the wines were fabulous. We chatted with the wine maker, Michael, and even enjoyed a picnic under a beautiful oak tree overlooking the gorgeous valley and farmland. We loved hearing from Michael about his interest in getting into the industry, passion for wine, grapes, and just relaxing together. The property is idyllic for pictures so don't forget your camera. A must-see if you are in the Ojai Valley or Ventura.

Visited June 2012
Escondido
86 attraction reviews
“A stop, if you have the time and interest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Oak Creek Ranch Winery, 10024 Old Creek Road, Ventura (off Hwy 33). The tasting is $10 for 10 wines. We decided to share a tasting. The wines offered for tasting ranged from $22-35. Wines included lots of blends. No real sweet wines here, or zins or cabs. Plenty of reds. No wines found compelling for us. Friendly Service. Pressure low. Very modest facilities (see pictures). Had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before we left (from and in our vehicle while parked in the lot area).

Visited May 2012
Los Angeles, California
20 attraction reviews
“A Beautiful Valley with a Fine Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The Old Creek Ranch Winery is situated in a valley with orchards and a stream. The winery has a long established and well earned reputation for excellent wines. Owned by a family for decades it has both a tasting room and the winery itself. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Tastings are quite reasonably priced. An added bonus is the glass you used! There are orchards and some some live stock to view. The picnic tables are convenient for a picnic while savoring the wines. Prices of the wines are very moderate. It is a thoroughly pleasant interlude. Situated just off the highway between Ventura and Ojai, it can be reached from Ventura in about 15 to 20 minutes.

Visited April 2012
Los Angeles, California
18 attraction reviews
“Quaint Place, Great Wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This place is a great stop if you are staying in the area for the weekend as my Wife & I did. The Winery rests on a beautiful farm, it has a clean & cozy feel. Its also the only place in the area that is winery while other places in the area only have tasting rooms.

The grapes are imported, so there are no actual vines on the Winery, but the property is beautiful and you drive through a residential area prior to arriving at the Winery so drive slow as you drive down Old Creek Road which ends at the Winery.

The price for a tasting of I think 9 or 10 wines for was $9.00 or $15.00 but you keep the glasses which we did. The only bummer was the pour for the tasting was a little more than a sip, not a big deal but thought I'd mention it.

The Staff were VERY NICE, friendly and made you feel very welcome!!
We picked up a bottle as the Wine was very good.

Cheers!!