“Freebirds Burrito rivals Chipotle” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #218 of 392 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Mexican
Calabasas, California
“Freebirds Burrito rivals Chipotle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We are frequent visitors to its competition but since finding Freebirds Burrito in Agoura Hills we prefer to go here. The selection is great, the burritos shells fresh, the guacamole tasty. I felt the selection was greater than competitors and the overall vibe friendlier.

I was however turned off by the tin-foil artwork customers displays scattered around the dining area. After finishing their Burritos, wrapped in foil, customers seem compelled to use the foil to form works of art out of the foil and stick it in the various spaces around the restaurant. Although creative, it was very dirty and sitting next to dirty old food wrappers ( its what it really is ) was rather disgusting.

I love Freebirds, foods great, but I prefer take out. The sit down part was a turn off after seeing the foil all over the walls.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ventura, CA
“Best Quest sauce!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Great variety of tortillas and toppings. Queso sauce is to die for and should be bottled!

Oak Park, California
“Not the same as the original and not as good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We stumbled upon Freebirds in Goleta, near the campus of UCSB a few years ago and loved it. The portions were huge, the food was fresh, and we didn't even mind waiting in line. When Freebirds opened a new location in Ventura we were excited at first, and then became disappointed. While the burritos were good, they were just not the same. They reminded me of any Chipotle restaurant. Also tried the new location in Agoura Hills. Same disappointment. Go to Goleta for a treat, otherwise, it's nothing special.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Camarillo, California
“A lot like Chipotle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I've been here a few times, and I can't ever say I've been disappointed. A large selection of choices, interesting atmosphere. Not a bad burrito, if your not looking for authentic. All in all I would recommend giving freebirds a try.

Ventura, California
“Who is running this place, they are NOT doing a very good job!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Boy, does this place need a lot of work. I thought after a month they would get all their kinks out. NOT!!! I was looking forward to checking out this new place and was VERY disappointed. I had the fish freebird burrito and the fish was DRY. Half the main ingredients were EMPTY. W-H-A-T is up with that!!!! Who is in charge of keeping the containers full? It took me 15 minutes just to get to the order area. Very disorganized! When I mentioned that someone needs to stay on top of the supplies as I was checking out, the young girl tells me, "I'm just the cashier". Nothing else. Are you kidding me!!! Now where the hell was the manager????? Maybe if I wait another month, will the process improve... I HOPE SO!!!

• Visited July 2011