“Best Italian Food in area” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #115 of 385 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Italian
Ventura, California
“Best Italian Food in area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I love to eat and I love Italian food. I eat out alot and Ferraro's has the best Italian food in town. Their Blue Cheese dressing is the best I have ever tasted. The garlic bread is delicious and the lasagna with marinara is stupendous. One evening I heard a familiar voice in the booth next to me and it was June Allison. She lived in Ojai and drove over to Ferraro's for the great food. This is my favorite Italian resturant anywhere, and I have been to Italy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pasadena, California
“A great basic Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

We love Ferraro's. We have a time share in Ventura and we make it a point to eat twice at Ferraro's every time we are in town - once for pizza and once for pasta. the red sauce is really great. We usually get something plain like the mostaccioli but last time we there we tried the Sam's special mostaccioli with some friends and they still talk about how much they liked that dish. This is a basic whole in the wall, red sauce place. The neighborhood is crummy, and it can be very crowded on weekends, but we think it is worth it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sioux City, Iowa
“YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

After spending our last day of vacation on the beach in Ventura, which was cold and windy, we were wanting a hot meal. I suggested Italian....used the GPS on my cell phone and the first place to come up was Ferraro's. This was an unexpected surprise. The atmosphere of the place is charming. Got seated in a corner table by the window. Menu is on a place mate at the tables (which I took mine home). There was so much to choose from. I ended up with the spaghetti and meatballs. Wonderful sauce, great meatballs. My husband had the Sam's Special which is fried mostaccioli with meat sauce in olive oil. This I would highly recommend. Thankfully their portions are HUGE cause I kept eating off my husbands plate. The dinners are served with soup or salad. We chose the soup and it was a wonderful minestrone. Also had unlimited garlic bread. Overall I have to say that Ferraro's is a wonderfuly place to get good Italian food and a great price. This is my new fave place to eat when we are in Ventura.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere