“Lobster bisque is to die for~” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Ventura, California
“Lobster bisque is to die for~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Nice little restaurant with a full bar in the Ventura Marina.
I love their lobster bisque, but due to the economy, they only serve it during the peak months between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

Visited June 2014

“Fell short”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Thecrab dip was fantastic, the clam chowder was pretty good, but that's the end of the positives. The shrimp in the stew was heavily overcooked, the fettuccine alfredo came out as chicken instead of shrimp, the seafood skewers were cold, and the salad was brought out late enough to be dessert. The food was way overpriced for the quality, and the service was slow and sloppy. Not an advisable choice.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bakersfield, California
“Some of the worst food ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We should have known when all the other restaurants had long lines and this one only had a few customers. Its a nice looking place except the bathroom isn't inside its in the outside mall. We were waited on immediately but then waited about 40 minutes for our food. We had already finished our drinks before the food came out and were not asked if we wanted another drink. The fish and chips I ordered was cold, very greasy and tasteless I didn't eat any of it and wasn't even asked by the server if there was a problem. My husbands clam chowder was cold and lumpy like it was condensed canned soup that wasn't fully cooked he didn't eat his ether. I cant find any way to contact them on line to complain so I guess this will have to do. One of the worst dinners I have ever had for sure an at almost $50 I would rather have eaten at Taco Bell or MacDonald's.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tehachapi, California
“Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Be sure to come here if you want a fun meal. Good bar and nice folks. Atmosphere a bunch. Great place to spend a couple hours with a friend or 5.

Visited February 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Skip the Spinnaker”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

First time in my life I returned a meal was at the Spinnaker. The Spinnaker is in the Ventura Harbor which is usually quiet even on the weekends. We were not planning on eating at the Spinnaker but every other restaurant had a long wait due to a local prom. It should have been a red flag that the Spinnaker was completely empty place on such a busy night. It's so depressing on the inside we walked in and out 2 times and finally stayed because we were so hungry - how bad could it be? It was worse than we could have imagined. It's not even worth going into how bad the food the was, all of it was awful. The waitress informed us that the place was closed for 5 months and now has new owners. Clearly the new owners are new to the food industry and do not know how to cook. My husband ate his dinner - which was bad salmon and we are just hoping he doesn't get food poisoning. The place is old, run down and dirty. The more I write this the more I wonder why we didn't leave and just get fast food. The one bright note is our waitress was as sweet as they come, she apologized over and over. She is very aware of how bad the place is. The Spinnaker should really just close, there is no salvaging it as it is. Me and my husband agree- worst restaurant experience ever

• Visited May 2014