“Great dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Zephyr Ct.
Description: Spasso Cucina Italiana is a delightful Italian/Roman cuisine located just steps from the Pacific Ocean. A great setting and great cuisine makes this a must visit for all destination diners. A great menu offers several of your favorites as well as some of ours. Outdoor seating is available and we welcome you to join us for your next dining encounter.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Be sure to have dinner at Spasso's in Ventura Beach. We all had a great meal with excellent local wine!

Visited May 2013

88% Recommend
La Habra, California
“Amazing customer service which deserves a ten...ambiance was lacking which is why the 4 stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant appears to be family owned. Walking in there is not a host station, but the waitors were very attentive. The restaurant is small seating maybe 30 to 40. There was a little confusion getting us seated with a wait time longer than quoted, but on the positive they were kind enough to offer a free appetizer.

Brushetta and calamari appetizer were very good. The caprese salad was not my favorite due to the basil sauce (I don't like basil) but once I added oil and vinegar it was great.

Last minute we ended up taking our main courses to go since we had to walk back to our hotel with a tired 5 year old. They were worried we were not happy, but that was not the case at all. As we were walking back , the manager or owner runs after us was dessert on the house. I was totally impressed with the effort they put into their customers to make it the perfect experience.

If you want to go somewhere where your business matters, go to Spassos. Plus the food was good as well.

Walking distance from the Ventura Marriott and recommended by the hotel. As close as you can get to the beach, with limited views.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Moreno Valley, California
“Great Italian Food, Nice Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

While staying in Ventura, we stumbled upon this lovely restaurant because it was within walking distance of our hotel. The atmosphere felt very upscale, yet definitely not stuffy or snobby. It is a very welcoming place. The decor is very elegant. The service is great. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly. There were 6 people in our dining party, each of us ordered something different, each of us really enjoyed our choices. I had ravioli. The portion was perfect and the ravioli was very tasty. My husband had Chicken Marsala which he loved. I was really impressed with what my mom ordered -- she had salmon. It was a huge portion and was delicious. Bread came with the dinner. They also have a nice wine seclection and yummy dessert menu. Sorry that I was too stuffed for dessert. I would recommend this restaurant for a nice meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ventura
“Not only delightfully creative desserts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're feeling like a bit of pasta, this is Ventura's best spot! Their pastas are homemade and prepared in an al dente style, providing a delightful texture to accentuate flavorful sauces and accompaniment. I'm one of those who wants some protein with my meals. They have a light and delicious Lemon Chicken with capers that rocks your socks! Do not fill up on bread (however tempting)... Save ANY room you may have for the Nutella calzone OR a special dessert they shared as a secret... Pistachio Tiramisu!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles
“Lovely spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great food, lovely upscale-casual atmosphere and gracious service. We shared a salame pizza to start and it was delicious, the crust was chewy and the sauce full of flavor and the cheese delightfully gooey and melted.
I enjoyed the bolognese with the homemade pasta. All the dish needed was a touch of fresh parm. My husband had the carbonara. We polished off both dishes!

This is a lovely spot to enjoy a nice meal on a date or with treasured friends!

Visited February 2013