“I wouldn't stay here again.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #8 of 78 hotels in El Paso
Aliso Viejo
“I wouldn't stay here again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We chose to stay here because of the free shuttle, the close proximity to the airport, and the free breakfast. Those features were nice, but it didn't make up for the things we encountered during our stay.
Our room was a standard two bed suite. One of the beds wasn't attached to any sort of frame, so if you sat on the corner/edge, the entire mattress would lift off of the wooden base it was laying across. Other than being unexpected and inconvenient/annoying, it was slightly dangerous, as we first discovered it while my 7 month old was sleeping in the middle of the bed. When I sat on the corner, the bed tipped, I fell to the floor, and my son slid off! My mom and I scrambled to catch him and no one was hurt - but it could have ended badly! I can't imagine that we were the first to encounter that problem, but I guess it's not a priority for them to fix potentially dangerous hazards.
Additionally, the bill that came to our room didn't reflect the AAA room rate we were quoted when we booked our room. We even had a confirmation pdf of our reservation that listed the AAA rate, so we didn't think it would be a problem to correct when we checked out. However, it took 10 minutes of arguing with the front desk clerk to settle the matter, because she insisted we had made two reservations - one with the AAA discount and one without (which we had not done), and because we didn't specify which reservation we were using when we checked in, they couldn't change it now. Eventually it was corrected to our AAA price, but, come on! It was just an unnecessary hassle and a waste of time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Wa. State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed one night after a lengthy trip around New Mexico. I picked the hotel based on its proximity to ELP. With a King Suite rate of $80.00 we didn't expect much more than a standard ariport hotel. What a surprise, the hotel was beautiful, the rooms very nicely appointed, the staff professional and helpful, the managers reception very friendly, the pool area nicely landscaped and clean, the business center very well appointed with three computers that all worked and the free table service breakfast was excellent. We couldn't have asked for more.

The only complaint I have is the "sleep number" bed. I did not find it comfortable at all and I had some trouble sleeping on it. But I suppose that is fairly nit picky given the overall quality of the property.

The staff recommended Los Banditos mexican resturant a couple of mile away. Excellent mexican food, but gringos beware (myself included), its way hot and takes a bit of discretion to enjoy the meal.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
marinette,wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

The rooms were beautiful. They offer 2 free drinks for happy (2) hours. There restaurant within the hotel has excellent food and service. (full breakfast included) The pool area is beautiful (only 6 lounge chairs though...get there early) Nice exercise facility. We stayed in 4 hotels while in El Paso, this was the best. It had everything

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
El Paso Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

Well as I stated my Dodge Durango was stolen from the parking lot which has 4 cameras..............little did we know they don't work!!! My husband and I walked out after a wonderful anniversary night to find my vehicle was gone. I said to my husband that I would go over to the front desk and ask them to retrieve video of the previous night. I was informed at that time that the cameras were not "operational". Well they should post that in the parking lot or tell you when you check in. ONE staff member asked if we wanted them to call the police, which we had already done. No one offered ANY help to us, a ride, a drink perhaps, or I don't know maybe a "hey we will take care of the bill" or "please accept a free night on us". Oh noooooo. Then to make matters worse after I made the complaint to the main number, I had to call again after 2 weeks because no one bothered to call me back. Then I got a very nice man named Jim who was sooo helpful and nice and seemed genuinely concerned. As nice as he was it still has gotten me no where. We have been e-mailed by the manager who offered us enough points for half a night! I emailed him back with no response from him. The really sad part of all of this is that this is my home town, I was born and raised here. I guess I will make copies of the emails and send them to the corporate office. Stay elsewhere, or park right in the front if you have a vehicle with you!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — The fact that my truck was stolen and no one working for Radisson seems to care
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Stayed here for two days for a business conference. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Sleep number beds were very comfortable. Rooms were quiet despite the proximity of the airport (which is within walking distance).

The staff was excellent. The airport shuttle is very quick and responsive. The drivers were very friendly as were the desk personnel and the wait staff in the restaurant.

The hotel breakfast in the restaurant was a real breakfast, not just a continental breakfast.

There's really nothing tremendous or special about this place, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good value.

I would stay here again.

• Liked — easy and nice staff
  • Disliked — kind of old
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

My family got into an unfortunate automobile accident driving from Phoenix to Dallas and had to stay in El Paso for several days while my father recovered from his injuries in their trauma hospital. We made reservations at the Radisson on a whim because we knew it was probably going to be a nice hotel and we knew it was near the hospital. Oh the disapppointment. While we stayed there, the hallways constantly smelled of urine and lysol and despite the constant smell of cleaning products, our rooms weren't cleaned well. After finding out that we would have to stay in El Paso a little longer, we decided to switch hotels since this one was clearly over-priced. We explained our situation to the front desk ladies around 11 that morning (about 5 minutes after receiving unfortunate news of our extended stay) and the ladies told us we had to pack our belongings and leave immediately or we would be charged another full day. My mother once again explained to her that my father was hospitalized and we would need a bit of time to organize our belongings before we could check-out completely. The front-desk people seemed completely unmoved by our situation, informed us that if we didn't check-out before noon, we were going to be charged another $170 dollars. My siblings and I had to leave our father in the hospital while we helped my mother pack our things so we wouldn't be charged an extra day. I realize that I should not be expecting 5 star service from a Radisson at the El Paso airport, but I was hoping to receive a bit of compassion, understanding, and basic customer service. Apparently, that is way too much to ask for this place. We ended up moving to the La Quinta Inn a few exits away on the highway where the rooms were always pristine each time the cleaning crew left, there is a security guard constantly patrolling the parking lot at night, and the office people had more than impecable customer service! Go figure!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

My husband being in the New Jersey National Guard was stationed at Fort Bliss Texas with the group of approximately 3000 getting ready to deploy to Iraq. Well a year ago if someone had told me I would be vacationing in El Paso Texas in August I would have just laughed at them. Well that is what happened and after reading reviews and doing some home work I decided that the Radisson would be the place to stay. I must admit how HAPPY we both are that we stayed there. Upon arrival the staff greeted us politely and couldn’t do enough to help us. The room was beautiful, clean, and although our room’s view was the airport we never heard an airplane not once in the 5 night stay. Those sleep number beds well let me just say I wish I could have packed that up and took it in my suitcase home!! The pools were beautiful; the cook to order breakfast was just what you needed to start the day off. The cocktail hour and indoor and outdoor lounges beautiful and relaxing bringing the day to a perfect end I wouldn’t think of a better place to stay. There were families with children of all ages, business travelers, then the older travelers like us.
The El Paso Radisson ROCKS!!!

• Liked — The entire experience
  • Disliked — Nothing not to like there
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport? Share your experiences!