“El Paso Marriott Full Service Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #23 of 79 hotels in El Paso
Chandler, Arizona, United States
“El Paso Marriott Full Service Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have been staying at this Marriott for about 25 years. It was always in my top 5 Marriott Hotels, but not anymore. The last stay we noticed the pool was almost too cold to swim in. On our latest stay, I had planned on two nights and checked out after one. Overall, this Marriott property is gorgeous. For overnight travelers, it can't be beat. But for our family, it no longer works out. First, the pool was too cold for us to enjoy (and the hot tub has been removed) - and that was the main reason I booked this property. Second, the toilet didn't flush well - it seemed like everything was not up to Marriott standard in terms of bathroom fixtures and how they work. Thirdly, no newspaper on my front step in the morning (C-level floor). And lastly, the omelet chef had a plate out for tips. This really turned me off. I am actually a big tipper - usually 20 to 30%, but I don't like tip jars or tip plates in a full service Marriott. I can no longer recommend this location unless you are a pilot or flight attendant and just want a great place to sleep near the airport.

Room Tip: Stay on the C-level if your travel budget allows for it or if you are Marriott Platinum
Green Features: I absolutely hate the low flow toilets - they take a long time to refill and don't have a strong flush.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I wanted to express my sincerest apology for the issues you experienced during your last visit to our property. I have addressed the issues you mentioned with the appropriate staff members and we are working to make necessary corrections. Let me assure you that we do our very best to make our guests feel comfortable during their time with us.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to serve you and your family the next time you are in El Paso.

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Decent hotel option near the airport, friendly service and airport shuttle is available any time. The rooms are ok with no major issues. The bar/lobby area is more modern than the rest of the hotel, but still a nice place to have an after drink before or after going to dinner.

Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for posting this review of our property, it is always a pleasure to hear from our guests. We hope that you get a chance to visit again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The lobby and the service is good yet the rooms are dirty i found a roach and the bed was all messed up. plus the ceilings are wayyyy too low!! I was not satisfied with my stay at this Marriott. And El paso doesnt have good hotels.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
Green Features: the hotel service was good but the room wasnt so good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Liz P, General Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us in June, 2014.

I wanted to express my sincerest apology for the pest and housekeeping issues you experienced. I have addressed these issues with the housekeeping staff. Let me assure you this is not the type of service we strive to provide our guest.

Avondale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. The staff was friendly and polite. I had breakfast the next morning at the restaurant great food & service. The room was nice & clean. It's close to the airport with a shuttle which is great.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff met your every need. We hope to see you back soon so that we may provide you with another excellent stay!
Artesia, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed at hotel for a conference- 4 women staying in one room (two double beds), was not offered a larger or additional room when making reservation or checking in. I would have thought they would try and up-sell an additional room for two nights. By the time we checked in, and discovered that the room was quite small, there wasn't another room close by. At this point we decided to just leave it be. The next morning, we discovered that the electrical outlet was malfunctioning, and informed the staff. They said they would fix it. To our disappointment, it was not fixed, so we couldn't plug anything into the outlet in the bathroom. Ordered many drinks at the bar, diner at the bar, room service during our stay there, wasn't offered an compensation for the outlet trouble. Was very disappointed in my stay, and will be choosing another hotel, despite being a loyal Marriott rewards member.

Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your stay with us. Your comments are very helpful and help us to improve our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced with regard to the electrical outlet. It is our goal to provide our guests with only the finest in service and accommodations and we deeply regret if we have failed you at such.

We do value you as our Marriott Rewards Member. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to serve you should your travels bring you back to the El Paso area in the future. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Marin, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

You have to pay for the wifi, for the breakfast but you can use the fitness facilities and the pool is free.
There were a garbage under the bed, I explained it to the staff but no reaction from their part...

A very basic service.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. Guest feedback is the best source we have to identify the areas needing improvement.

We have discussed the problem you encountered during your stay with our staff and we will work to improve communications with our guest as well as cleanliness.

We hope that you chose to come back! Thank you.
Centennial, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This is my third stay here this year. The staff is friendly but they have adopted some curious practices. 1. Greeter in the lobby. Ok, hi. Nice to see you. 2. Can't get into the concierge lounge without a 'hall pass'. Was asked my name and room number to enter. Um hello, I have a key for entry. Very awkward. 3. No bottled water. Going green? How about going cheap. 4. No newspaper door delivery. There's a reason why I have this listed as a preference on my account. 5. Rancid chips on my tortilla soup. The lounge is also open weird hours.

I really am perplexed by all this. The property is a little tired, although there's a nice lobby update. I go to El Paso a lot and it's not my favorite city. As a female business traveler I need a safe place to lodge. I did write the GM and did not get a response. I'm wondering if all this is bad management or cutting corners and really missing the mark. What's up Marriott.

Room Tip: Rooms are all basically the same, far enough away from airport to be quiet.
Green Features: The only one I could see was the lack of access to bottled water. The water quality in El Paso is terrible. They said they are going green.
Liz P, Manager at El Paso Marriott, responded to this review, May 12, 2014

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced with regard to the concierge lounge changes and the rancid chips with the tortilla soup. It is our goal to provide our guests with only the finest in service and accommodations and we deeply regret if we have failed you at such.

We value you as our Marriott Rewards Member. If there is anything at this point that I can do to improve your impression of our hotel, please let me know. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to serve you should your travels bring you back to the El Paso area in the future. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me personally.

Cyndy Siemenn, Front Office Manager
Marriott El Paso

Been to El Paso Marriott? Share your experiences!