“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I enjoyed my stay for a business trip. Great location, speedy checkin, great breakfast, peaceful stay. The hotel was located right next to a Dennys, which made my midnight cup of coffee a breeze to go and enjoy.

V.W

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sun City West, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

After a long drive from Dallas, we were just looking for a quiet, clean place to stay.

This La Quinta is it. Good beds, clean room (#129), friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfast, decent linens, good flat screen TV with good selection of stations, convenient easy-to-get-to location, free local phone calls, extremely easy to use wi-fi, fair price, etc. What else could you want? The only things I did not like is the standard La Quinta soap. It dries my skin out. This La Quinta does not have a fitness center.

The Denny's next door will give you a 20% discount if you show your room key.

Added bonus, a beautiful nighttime view of El Paso.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Yikes! This place was horrible! I have stayed at many hotels, especially La Quintas, and this was one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. It backs up to a warehouse where there are numerous shipping crates stacked everywhere. So, you know if there are shipping crates there may be rats. I saw one and that was enough. There was glass all over the place in this rocky area I was supposed to have my poor dogs relieve themselves in. Luckily, there are two small squares of grass in the parking lot that I eventually found. The rooms were not very clean and there were ants all over the bathroom floor. Also, the socks I wore in the room were almost black so I'm thinking the carpet wasn't too clean either. Staying at this hotel made for a stressful night. Got up in the a.m. to eat breakfast and the front desk guy was hanging out eating cereal and "our" breakfast was not available yet. The staff was just not very friendly or helpful. I am usually very pleased with La Quintas but this was just disappointing to say the least.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have been traveling a lot this year and have been staying at La Quinta Inn's.
Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Staff was nice.
If there is a negative it would be there was a lot of Big Truck traffic that woke me up a few times. Other than that, my stay was nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I, we have stayed at this establishment in different cities on previous occasions, La Quinta is a little pricey, but when your looking for a neat place to lay your head this works. This particular Hotel did not disappoint us and believe the service to be good.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed at a few other hotels in El Paso; however, I chose this hotel because it was close to my son and daughter in law. From the moment I walked in on Thanksgiving evening, the ladies greeted us with a smile. The first room we had was next to several families who had small children and those children were running up and down, screaming and yelling at 6:30 in the morning and not one of the parents quieted their children. I told the front desk and they offered to move us to another room and they apologized for my inconvenience, which I told them that I did not blame them at all. When I was checking out, the lady that checked us out was the lady that I booked my room with and she remembered me and that my daughter in law was about to give birth and asked me if the baby arrived (yes, safe and sound). There is also a Denny's right next to this hotel which provided excellent service. Also, they offer a 20% discount if you show them your room key from La Quinta. Will definitely be back in El Paso within the next few months and will be staying at La Quinta, Lomaland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn El Paso East Lomaland? Share your experiences!