“thanksgiving” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn El Paso East Lomaland to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn El Paso East Lomaland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11033 Gateway Blvd West, El Paso, TX 79935   |
Ranked #27 of 79 Hotels in El Paso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed at a few other hotels in El Paso; however, I chose this hotel because it was close to my son and daughter in law. From the moment I walked in on Thanksgiving evening, the ladies greeted us with a smile. The first room we had was next to several families who had small children and those children were running up and down, screaming and yelling at 6:30 in the morning and not one of the parents quieted their children. I told the front desk and they offered to move us to another room and they apologized for my inconvenience, which I told them that I did not blame them at all. When I was checking out, the lady that checked us out was the lady that I booked my room with and she remembered me and that my daughter in law was about to give birth and asked me if the baby arrived (yes, safe and sound). There is also a Denny's right next to this hotel which provided excellent service. Also, they offer a 20% discount if you show them your room key from La Quinta. Will definitely be back in El Paso within the next few months and will be staying at La Quinta, Lomaland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Waynesville, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in the La Quinta Inn El Paso Lomaland, 11033 Gateway Blvd West, El Paso, TX 79935 for 5 days. (28 Oct- 2 Nov 2012) I thought that it was a really nice place to stay at for my week of work. I looked at some of the other comments written by some of the customers, and said to myself, "WOW", and I stayed there. However, the so-called breakfast was not what I was used to. The eggs were very, very cold, as though they were done yesterday and put in the frig for in the morning. It was just a "Plain Jane place".
Two thing that upset me was the mail send out system and the false ad they had in my room, " All high dollar items may be kept in the safe in the front office". (Not used to this) So, being nice I go and asked one of the clerk about a drop mailbox, and he should me an open inbox tray on the desk top where he wanted me to drop my mail in. I told him, "No to the no, to the hell no. I'm not doing that". You crazy!" Then I asked him about storing some very important things and to secure some money. He told me that there is no safe here at all for customers. I told him that why do you have that posted in the room if you don't have one inside the room or in the front office. You are false advertising this in the room, and I told him that it needs to come down off the inside door if you seriuosly don't have one. He just looked at me and said nothing. I told him that as a Federal Government Employee, that better come down or I'll address this at a higher level. I never will stay there again for no reason and will tell others to never stay there.

Room Tip: Not your place, that's for sure! •"Rooms on the north side are quieter"
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

we used to stay at the holiday inn express before and with the free breakfast and wonderful ammenities it was quite a bargain,but the prices went up so high that we had to stop completly ,after that we booked here and we noticed that the quality of the service and the ammenities are so similar to the conpetition that it seemed like a very stupid idea to raise the prices so high.so from now on its all la quinta till and if the rates ever change for the worst.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was visiting family so I wanted to find a hotel close to the lower valley. Since I wasn't going to spend much time in the room I opted to select a cheaper hotel. I really don't care about the brand name I just want a clean, comfortable, convenient and safe hotel. With this hotel I got what I paid for. It wasn't the fanciest, no frills or thrills which is fine however the hotel is in serious need of renovation. It's old and you can tell. The overall room was decent; it could've been cleaner. I had several issues during my stay and had to call the front desk numerous times. I will say that the front desk was very responsive in addressing my issues which was nice. Near the night stand it smelled moldy like the carpet had gotten wet and never dried. The first night I opened up a drawer to put my clothes in it and there was a pizza box in it. Several times during my stay the T.V. signal kept going out. At one point I received a call back advising the technician was gone for the day so they couldn't send someone to fix my T.V. They did offer to move me to another room. Fortunately I was able to get the T.V. to work on my own and declined the offer but it was nice they offere. The blow dryer didn't work so I had to call again to have someone come fix it. The morning that I checked out I got up really early to take a shower for my 6 am flight. The water was ice cold and didn't warm up until I was ready to get out. The bed was pretty comfortable. I would stay at this hotel again if it was a last resort however it wouldn't be my first choice. There is a Denny's next to it which is convenient for meals. The hotel is pretty close to I-10 but I didn't hear the traffic since my room wasn't facing the interstate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We arrived at this location around close to midnight after traveling from LA by car, so we were exhausted. The room seemed clean enough but the air conditioning was not working. It was set to 64 was it was more than 85 degrees in the room. We called the front desk to request a new room, but were told to turn off the AC, wait 10 minutes, turn it back on and see if it cooled the room. If not, they would give us another room. By that time it was 1 a.m. and we didn't feel like packing up, changing rooms and finding ourselves in the same predicament. We needed to leave at 8 a.m., so didn't want to have less than 5 hours sleep. The room never cooled to below 80-something degrees. So we just laid on top of the bed without covers to sleep. The hotel clerk were very indifferent. Because we booked the room after 6 p.m. while on the road, there was no refund for cancellation. Therefore, the hotel knew it would be paid for the room regardless, and should have made sure that the room was cool and ready to go for our arrival. Common sense should dictate that travelers arring at midnight are tired and don't want to deal with room issues and changing rooms at 1 a.m. in the morning. Will never stay there again!!!! P.S. - the nightly rate was one of the highests we paid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn El Paso East Lomaland? Share your experiences!