“OK but needs updating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W.

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W. to your Saves list
Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Sunland Park Dr., El Paso, TX 79922   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #19 of 78 hotels in El Paso
Carrollton, Texas
“OK but needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As far as the Holiday Inn brand goes, this is an oldie. The lobby, lounge and restaurant are updated and fresh feeling. The rooms are divided up into remote buildings which means that you should not unload your car to check in as you will be driving to a different building anyway. Only one building has an elevator - I think it's building 2. All of the rest have stairs and stairs and stairs. The rooms are a little dark and could use a refresh but the beds are very comfortable and the rooms quiet. For value over price, it should cost a lot less than it does - envision a Motel 6 interior with nicer quilts and the Holiday Inn brand. Stayed here because all the rest of the rooms in town were booked. The lounge was adequate with a good bartender. We did not try the food. And the pool was inviting although we did not have time to enjoy it. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you need an elevator, be sure to request at reservation or confirm with hotel they can accommodat...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Robin P, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W., responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Great to hear that you will be back. We just completed one project on our outdoor pool and the guests love it!

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
El Cajon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in May of 2014 during a business trip. The rooms were well furnished and well-maintained. The only problem was minor - I was unable to adjust the incorrect time on the clock radio. The facility is modern and designed more like a condo complex than a hotel with separate multi-level buildings and attractive walkways. The location is convenient to the freeway and not too distant from the airport.

The hotel offers several types of discounts. Members of the American Automobile Association (AAA) get a special room rate which includes the excellent buffet breakfast.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your high 4 star rating and thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can assist with future reservations.

Deming, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We took a mini vacation from Deming, NM to stay at this hotel. We had our 5 kids with us and they were very accommodating. Everyone was really nice and the hotel had a tropical feel to it. We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 STAR!!! Doesn't get any better than that! Many thanks for your kind and honest review! Come back soon!

San Antonio, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn El Paso Sunland Park for one night during the memorial day weekend. We got this thru Priceline which advertised it as a 3*, which wasn't true at all. We would rate this hotel as a 2*. Here are our observations

Pros:

1. The hotel is near a lot of shopping and restaurants.

2. The bed was comfortable.

3. The fridge was a nice size.

Cons:

1. Understaffed - we had to wait almost an hour to get some extra sheets. When enquired at the front desk, we were told that we had to wait for the guy making another run to get it to us and only he had the key to the laundry. The front desk lady was nice enough to find someone else to finally do it, but they were Understaffed to do the basic customer requests.

2. The rooms are very old and the carpets looked disgusting. We didnt let our kids play on the floor.

3. The furniture also was old and the room layout looks like from the 80s.

4. The rooms are bit ways away from the parking and for people with small kids that had to carry a lot of stuff from the car to the room,  it is quite a pain.

In summary, we were disappointed with this hotel and we're glad that we had to stay only a night. Skip this hotel if possible.

• Stayed May 2014
Robin P, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W., responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Memorial Day weekend was indeed very busy and we were happy to be able to host the pilots for the Balloon festival that weekend. We did schedule extra staff, so my sincere apology for not getting the quick response you deserved. Your feedback and comments have been taken to heart and we will review them with the entire team to see where we fell short of your expectations. As you can see from other comments through Trip Advisor, we are a Hotel that tries it's best to make each and every guest comforatable during their stays with us. If we fall short in any way - then we must do whatever is possible to remedy any and all issues. So, on behalf of myself and our team - thank you so much for taking time to review our Hotel. It is our hope that you may give us another chance to prove to you that we care and want to earn your business, I can be reached at: pencer@gfhotels.com or 915-833-2900 ext 667. Sincerely, Robin Pence - GM
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Way better than expected! A lot of the reviews were not favorable but we just stayed there and I feel like it was an incredible stay. The hotel was clean and upgraded in several ways that regular short term hotels aren't, the staff was kind and helpful, room was clean and beautiful. The pool was clean, warm, well maintained with clean towels and a grill available. We have a lot of road trips and have stayed in our share of highway side short term hotels and this is by far the best. Definitely will recommend.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you so much for acknowledging what we try so very hard to do - give great service, facilities and clean rooms that guests can relax in. We really appreciate your kind and honest review of our Hotel - Holiday Inn Sunland Park El Paso.

915-833-2900 ext 667
Pell City, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed (May 14 - 15) to at this hotel while passing through while moving my brother from San Diego back home to Alabama. This was one of our stops for the night. The room was average. There was a stain on the bed and also on a towel that we used in the room. I don't know how it got passed both the laundry people and House Keeping.

The hotel set up was strange as you had to drive to whatever building your room was in. Before we left for the road, we went to put ice in our cooler and had to go to 2 different ice machines and both were out of ice. When checking out, I mentioned this to the Front Desk worker and he seemed not to care.

Also, if I heard right the guy checking out after me made the statement that he would not be returning to this hotel. Again the Front Desk worker seemed not to care. But the hotel seemed to be full so I guess it didn't matter that much.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Robin P, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W., responded to this review, May 20, 2014
This is not typical of our Hotel and I would love the opportunity to discuss with you - so that we may check to see what happened and who was involved. One of the top things we are known for at this hotel is our great staff and service and also our unique Villa style layout. If you could contact me at your convenience, I would greatly appreciate it. I can be reached at:

915-833-2900
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Tento hotel mohu doporučit, po přijezdu na místo jsme se ubytovali v pokoji, který byl čistý a ač u dálnice, hluk aut nebyl v pokoji slyšet. Obsluha recepce slušná, na dotaz doporučili kvalitní restauraci pro večeři. WI-fi fungoval. Snídaně v resturaci vedle loby byla dobrá a je možnost objednat si i mimo standartní bufet třeba omeletu. Celkově máme z hotelu dobrý dojem.

I can recommend this hotel, after check in, we stayed in a room that was clean and although the highway, car noise was heard in the room. Front desk staff polite, the question was recommended a good restaurant for dinner. Wi-fi worked. Breakfast by restaurants beside the lobby was good and the possibility to order outside the standard buffet necessary omelet. Overall, we have a good impression of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Robin P, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W., responded to this review, May 13, 2014
We appreciate you selecting our hotel for you stay while in El Paso, and it is great to hear that you enjoyed everything. We hope that you will stay with us again in the newar future and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.