You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, TX to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, TX
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Sunland Park Drive, El Paso, TX 79922 (Formerly Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland Pk Dr & I-10 W)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Missouri
“Surprisingly nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This is not the newest or the most luxurious hotel by a LONGSHOT. But, it's attractive, comfortable, and roomy. I found the staff to be very friendly, and the grounds are well maintained. The beds and pillows aren't great, but their okay. The bathrooms are small, and there's no enclosed closet- and older style hotel. But, in it's day it was excellent, and it's still very nice. Much less costly than other El Paso hotels- this is definitely where i will stay when in El Paso from now on.

Stayed February 2013
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, TX, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for staying here with us at the full service Holiday Inn Sunland Park El Paso. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. If I can ever be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Sincerely, Robin Pence - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This Holiday Inn is located out of El Paso about 10 miles west of Downtown.
Rate 3.2 Stars
- Fast, Friendly, Accurate Checkin
- Apartment style layout with multiple buildings - Outdoor entrances to each room
- 2 Levels per building / large property
- Outdoor Pool with Hot Tub
- Comfortable Bedding
- Refrigerator / Microwave / Flat Screen HD
- Hot Water on Timers - Good in the AM hours / Limited in the PM
- Tub would not drain water
- Low water pressure at shower head
- Not as clean as other Holiday Inn's / Hair in sink and tub
- Mold appearing in bathroom corners
- HVAC terrible! Noisy and rattled throughout the night - cycles on/off - disruptive to sleep
- Decent Wi-Fi (2.9 Megs)

This hotel is in need of renovation.

Safe Travels!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, TX, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Land&Sea,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback of our hotel. I am happy to know that you found our location to be convenient for your needs. I am deeply sorry that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory due to the issues experienced with the maintenance levels on site and amenities not working as expected. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, thank you for your review and I do apologize and regret that these issues impacted your stay with us.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My friend and I were on a road trip to Los Angeles and needed a place to crash. We Pricelined a place in the El Paso/Sundland area and got this Holiday Inn. The front desk person was extremely nice and gave us a great two bedroom room. The hotel grounds almost look like it was once an apartment complex... definitely an odd layout for a Holiday Inn. Everything was great about our stay except for one thing... the pillows. The pillows on the beds are horrible. They are like tiny little marshmallows from hell. I woke up with a lot of neck pain. If you have any reservations about staying here I would say don't worry about it. It's great for a night or two stay. I'd definitely recommend this place if you are passing through and on a road trip... especially because it's right off I-10.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, TX, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We do offer a unique design - a Villa style complex that many of our guests find to be a nice change from the newer designed hotels you find everywhere. Our team takes great pride in their work and I am happy to hear from you that it showed. We hope to see you again, and thank you for staying here at the Holiday Inn Sunland park El Paso

Sincerely, Robin Pence- GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here last week and were very impressed with the design of this hotel; it's like staying in an apartment or a small resort. The layout is great and the location is adjacent to just about everything you'd need for shopping and dining out. The staff were great, the rooms are clean and everything was as expected for HI Express...will definitely stay here in the future!

• Stayed December 2012
Chihuahua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in El Paso West, how ever, if you have business in El Paso East as well, I would recommend staying there.
This time business for me was El Paso West, so we decided to try this hotel. We could a cheap room thanks to Priceline.com, but, probably thanks to the cheap room, we were given a room at the farthest building. The room was okay, a couple of lamps didn't work, even after trying the switches on the lamp and the main light switches... so it was a pretty dark room.
The hotel as a couple of buildings, so it is easy to get lost! But the buildings are well marked by numbers.
Service was very very friendly, no doubt about that. Only complaint would be that there is not breakfast included, whereas most hotels in El Paso offer breakfast as well.
Didn't use the shuttle service, but it seems very convenient if you have no vehicle in El Paso!
Overall... great hotel, there's better, but would still recommend it to someone staying in El Paso West.

Room Tip: Try to get the main building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

As a solo-female traveler the first thing I note about my stay in this hotel is that upon check in I was told/offered a room with two smaller beds in the building right next to the hotel lobby reserved for female guests instead of a king bed in some other building. I gladly accepted the room but this is the first time I've ever been offered a room like this. As this was my first time in El Paso and only for a quick trip, I'm not sure it's an El Paso thing or just this specific area, or just due to the lay out of the hotel. At no point in my stay did I feel unsafe but I'm very happy that it was offered and it made me feel more comfortable.

The layout of the hotel is a tight cluster of individual buildings and my room was spacious and clean except for the used towel I found behind the bathroom door. Also, on the smaller beds they have smaller pillows, I like the standard size one's you find in most rooms.

Overall I'm giving it an average rating but for customer service I'd give it 5 stars. I'm not sure why they have a building for female travelers but am very happy that they do and they thought to take this extra precaution.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We came into town last weekend for the OU/UTEP football game and were pleasantly surprised at the hospitality and service. Carina allowed us to change from a double bed room to a king bed upon request. The rooms were very comfortable and cool at night. It was a little bit maze like, but we weren't going too many places, so we found our way around easily. My husband was impressed with the options in the gym area and even found a way to get his workout in! :) This hotel isn't too far from the airport and nice and convenient off I-10.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, El Paso Sunland Park, TX? Share your experiences!