“Surprisingly pleasant.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W.

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W. to your Saves list
Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W.
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Sunland Park Dr., El Paso, TX 79922   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 77 hotels in El Paso
Austin, TX
“Surprisingly pleasant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My friend and I were on a road trip to Los Angeles and needed a place to crash. We Pricelined a place in the El Paso/Sundland area and got this Holiday Inn. The front desk person was extremely nice and gave us a great two bedroom room. The hotel grounds almost look like it was once an apartment complex... definitely an odd layout for a Holiday Inn. Everything was great about our stay except for one thing... the pillows. The pillows on the beds are horrible. They are like tiny little marshmallows from hell. I woke up with a lot of neck pain. If you have any reservations about staying here I would say don't worry about it. It's great for a night or two stay. I'd definitely recommend this place if you are passing through and on a road trip... especially because it's right off I-10.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
rpenceElPaso, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W., responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We do offer a unique design - a Villa style complex that many of our guests find to be a nice change from the newer designed hotels you find everywhere. Our team takes great pride in their work and I am happy to hear from you that it showed. We hope to see you again, and thank you for staying here at the Holiday Inn Sunland park El Paso

Sincerely, Robin Pence- GM

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here last week and were very impressed with the design of this hotel; it's like staying in an apartment or a small resort. The layout is great and the location is adjacent to just about everything you'd need for shopping and dining out. The staff were great, the rooms are clean and everything was as expected for HI Express...will definitely stay here in the future!

• Stayed December 2012
Chihuahua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in El Paso West, how ever, if you have business in El Paso East as well, I would recommend staying there.
This time business for me was El Paso West, so we decided to try this hotel. We could a cheap room thanks to Priceline.com, but, probably thanks to the cheap room, we were given a room at the farthest building. The room was okay, a couple of lamps didn't work, even after trying the switches on the lamp and the main light switches... so it was a pretty dark room.
The hotel as a couple of buildings, so it is easy to get lost! But the buildings are well marked by numbers.
Service was very very friendly, no doubt about that. Only complaint would be that there is not breakfast included, whereas most hotels in El Paso offer breakfast as well.
Didn't use the shuttle service, but it seems very convenient if you have no vehicle in El Paso!
Overall... great hotel, there's better, but would still recommend it to someone staying in El Paso West.

Room Tip: Try to get the main building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

As a solo-female traveler the first thing I note about my stay in this hotel is that upon check in I was told/offered a room with two smaller beds in the building right next to the hotel lobby reserved for female guests instead of a king bed in some other building. I gladly accepted the room but this is the first time I've ever been offered a room like this. As this was my first time in El Paso and only for a quick trip, I'm not sure it's an El Paso thing or just this specific area, or just due to the lay out of the hotel. At no point in my stay did I feel unsafe but I'm very happy that it was offered and it made me feel more comfortable.

The layout of the hotel is a tight cluster of individual buildings and my room was spacious and clean except for the used towel I found behind the bathroom door. Also, on the smaller beds they have smaller pillows, I like the standard size one's you find in most rooms.

Overall I'm giving it an average rating but for customer service I'd give it 5 stars. I'm not sure why they have a building for female travelers but am very happy that they do and they thought to take this extra precaution.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We came into town last weekend for the OU/UTEP football game and were pleasantly surprised at the hospitality and service. Carina allowed us to change from a double bed room to a king bed upon request. The rooms were very comfortable and cool at night. It was a little bit maze like, but we weren't going too many places, so we found our way around easily. My husband was impressed with the options in the gym area and even found a way to get his workout in! :) This hotel isn't too far from the airport and nice and convenient off I-10.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel was amazing! I almost felt like I was staying in a cool desert resort. Other hotels I have tried in the area seemed so cold and cookie cutter. This was a breath of fresh air and the friendliness of the staff was appreciated. Be back soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Piedmont, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Breakfast is great, Jorge will take care of you at the bar, and the shuttle service is convenient for mall, casino, or airport trips. Request a first floor stay if you are afraid of the maze. Make sure you take advantage of the pool.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W.

Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & i-10 w. Hotel El Paso
Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & i-10 w. Hotel
Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland And i-10 w.
Holiday Inn El Paso
El Paso Holiday Inn
Address: 900 Sunland Park Dr., El Paso, TX 79922
Location: United States > Texas > El Paso
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#10 Business Hotel in El Paso
#16 Family Hotel in El Paso
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W. 3*
The Holiday Inn Hotel El Paso Sunland Park is conveniently located off I-10 just minutes from the El Paso International Airport and the border crossing to Juarez, Mexico. The hotel is located on the west side of El Paso with a spectacular view of the Franklin Mountains.We have nearby entertainment and attractions such as the Sunland Park Racetrack & Casino, Outlet Shoppes of El Paso, Western Playland Amusement Park, Wet N Wild Waterworld, Sunland Park Mall, Transmountain Tramway, Sunbowl or the El Paso Art Museum. How about a round or two of golf? Looking to relax? Join us at our heated outdoor pool, whirlpool, kiddie pool (March - November) or workout in our state-of-the-art 24-hour fitness center. Looking to stay close to home, join us for our pizza and a movie package. We provide accommodations to nearby Northwest Business Park housing companies such as TTI Floorcare, ADP, Leviton, Helen of Troy, Azar Nut / Elamex and the Santa Teresa Business Park. We are just minutes from the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) and the El Paso Convention Center. We also provide lodging to many government and military facilities such as the Federal Building housing the FBI, DEA, and EPA, Department of Transportation, Biggs Army Field and Fort Bliss. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn El Paso-Sunland & I-10 W., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.