“Convienent location, nice lobby, average rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #36 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Athens, Ohio
“Convienent location, nice lobby, average rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This hotel is basically AT the airport. It is a quick and easy walk across a parking lot from baggage claim. Great location if you are on a short stay.

The hotel lobby was impressive. It seemed like it was renovated fairly recently. They have two large monitors over the main entrance that have flight information just like the airport. That was a very nice feature. They also have two computers for business use that worked well.

I was on business with a co-worker. The building has a few sections that are not connected with a roof. So you have to go outside to get to some rooms. My room was in one of those sections. The hotel layout is very complicated, especially with these extra "wings." There are signs, but the layout is just not good -and therefore confusing even with signs. But it wasn't a terribly big deal.

The hotel has a very nice pool layout with a huge slide. While I did not use it, it all looked very clean and I'm sure children would love the slide.

The hotel offers free in guest rooms! They also offer their breakfast free for 1 person. It is well worth it for free. It is a nice spread, and an upgrade from the common free continental breakfasts. If you have to pay for it, it is somewhere around $14. It isn't worth the price, but the food is good.

In my room the beds were fine and the bathroom was clean. The TV reception was good. The wing that I was in seemed to be a little older than the rest of the hotel, but there was nothing disturbing about it.

My one complaint was that I was in room 2201, which is RIGHT inside the door to the wing. The door to the wing slammed shut, and did wake me up several times.

All in all, the hotel is in a great location, has very friendly people working there, and is worth the $99 I paid for the night. I have seen that the hotel is charging around $125 now, which I think is getting high. But it is hard to beat being able to walk over to the airport to catch your flight.

I would stay here again for $99. I would probably look around for $125.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the main building
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I travel on business quite a bit and was very impressed with the Wyndham El Paso Airport Hotel. The room I stayed in was very spacious and clean. I especially liked how there were two separate rooms within the hotel room, I would definitely take my family here because of how spacious the room was and there were even two separate TV’s. The outside pool had an amazing waterslide and was definitely kid friendly. In fact, I didn’t leave the hotel once during my stay. I ate at their restaurant for dinner and had a delicious meal. The lobby had a very sophisticated look and I spent a lot of my time there while working on my laptop. I even noticed they had several computers available to the public for use. I was also impressed with the fantastic location… it was very close to the airport (the hotel was literally 200 feet away from the airport). Considering how close I was to the airport-it wasn’t even loud, it was a very quiet environment. Overall, it was a great stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
dlowrance, Manager at Wyndham El Paso Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham El Paso Airport during your recent business trip. I am so pleased that you found the accomodations to not only serve your business needs but also some rest & relaxation. To hear that you did not find the need to leave the hotel once during your stay is truly what we strive for. With a full service restaurant, business center, laundry service, pool & jacuzzi, and even a gift shop & hair salon, why leave?

Again, thank you & we look forward to seeing you soon.

Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Entire stay felt like I was at a high-end recreational resort. The accommodations were spacious and gracious and our suite was immaculate. Beds/sheets, bathrooms, kitchen area were exceptionally clean and well appointed.
We dined at the restaurant during our entire stay and each time the food was excellent and beautifully prepared.
The hotel staff was very responsive and hospitable and took extra effort to ensure that all of our needs were met.
The grounds are well kept, and the pool, diving pool and spa are well maintained and supervised.
Did not expect an airport hotel to have that "resort feel" -- all in all our stay was outstanding in every way.

Room Tip: We stayed in a fourth floor suite and er would definitely recommend one of these if available.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham El Paso Airport. Your comments regarding the "resort feel", the "immaculate suite" plus the excellent food & staff is truly gratifying as our goal is to give all our guest a home away from home.

Thank you for your wonderful comments & we hope to see you again soon.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I spend 90% of my professional life traveling. This hotel has the the best all-around service and value of any hotel I've stayed. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The rooms are clean, spacious, and they come well-equiped. They've invested in high quality beds and it stays quiet throughout the night. The front desk staff, breakfast staff, and shuttle staff always have a positive attitude and their breakfast buffet is a REAL buffet (not "continental" style). This is simply a great place to stay and I will keep coming back when I visit El Paso.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham El Paso Airport. As a seasoned traveler your opinion of the accomodations & staff are truly rewarding. I'm pleased that from cleanliness to service to food your stay was outstanding.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I have stayed at the Wyndham several times over the last few months for single nights before flying out the next morning. During my visits I found the hotel to be aged but fairly clean and the staff has thus far always provided good service. During my last stay I found a roach crawling around on the ceiling, after killing it, I wrote this off as a fluke due to the typical hotel conditions. After spending a couple more hours in the room and preparing to go to bed I noticed several black dots on the second bed in the room. I quickly sprung out of bed to investigate and much to my dismay I discovered BEDBUGS! I promptly inspected my belongings for signs of the bugs and exited the room to checkout and find another hotel for the night. The hotel staff was courteous and apologized, and at my request did not charge me for the several hours I was in the room. This may be an isolated case but given the severity of bed bug infestation I was quite disappointed (and disgusted) so will most likely not be revisiting this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
dlowrance, Manager at Wyndham El Paso Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham El Paso Airport. We are pleased to see you have stayed at the hotel before & found it to be comfortable and the staff pleasant. Please know that we took your comments extremely seriously & immediately called our local pest control company, Ecolab. Ecolab thoroughly inspected the room and found absolutely no traces (dead bugs, live bugs, spots on the sheets etc) but to be absolutely sure they did exterminate the room. They returned the next day to look for dead bugs, but again could find no traces. We have never ever had one single case of bed bugs at this hotel. We have documentation from Ecolab that we would happily provide that proves that no bugs were found.

We understand that travelers have to be careful, especially with the bed bug infestation that is traveling around the country, but I can honestly say that we have never had one case of bed bugs. I would hope that you can give us another opportunity to prove that to you and would like to discuss this with you.
Please contact me directly. Thank you.
Yorktown, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Arrived El Paso terminal late at night and called the hotel about their shuttle. He said it would be a 30 minute wait. When I went to a car rental agent, he told me the hotel was a 5 minute walk...and indeed it was. It was close to the same as walking into Target or a grocery store from the back of one of their parking lots. Not bad at all.

My initial thought about the hotel was that there were no signs. I walked to the back of the hotel and tried 4 doors before one was unlocked. Once inside, I was in the conference/banquet room area and there were no signs pointing to reception or lobby. Check-in went quickly then when he began explaining how to walk to my room, there was confusion again. He pointed at a map for me, but it would've been much nicer if he gave me one to hold while I walked. When he saw my confusion, he just said "you'll be okay." I did indeed survive, but again...no signs. If this hotel would invest in a few signs directing you which direction to go for rooms, buildings, or even the restaurant, it would be so much more user friendly.

Room was basic and a little aged. Conveniences were good and included microvave, a mini-fridge and free wi-fi. The room was equivalent to a Comfort Inn.

Had breakfast one morning. Service was extremely friendly although one gentlemen didn't speak English. I didn't mind because it gave me a chance to test my Spanish. Even with the language barrier, service was great.

All in all a convenient hotel. Nothing extravagant...although I'm sure water slide would add a nice touch to anyone there for personal travels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
dlowrance, Manager at Wyndham El Paso Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham El Paso Airport. Thank you for highlighting our extreme proximity to the El Paso International Airport. I apologize that our layout is a bit confusing and we do have signs but will take your suggestion on adding more. I am pleased you were able to enjoy some of our amenites during your stay & we hope to see you again soon.

915-778-4241
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed at the Wyndham Airport twice in August on combined business/family holiday trips. Both great stays in clean rooms with helpful staff. This is the closest hotel to the airport (a 3-minute walk away), and thus not cheap by El Paso standards as you pay for convenience, but it's a good value. I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years (it was previously a Hilton property) and Wyndham has much improved on what had been an aging and overall mediocre Hilton. The pool/waterslide are the best at any El Paso hotel (I noticed some kids there who didn't seem to be hotel guests, probably enjoying "free summer pool fun," but it wasn't a big deal). Complimentary internet-equipped computers with printing is a big benefit and saved me a lot of time. Breakfast at the restaurant is decent, not gourmet but no complaints. Guest laundry facilities were very helpful. Overall, a great base to do business from or recharge with the family for travels elsewhere. First-floor suites are excellent.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Wyndham El Paso Airport. As a return guest I am pleased to hear that again we did not disappoint. As you did mentioned, we were previously a Hilton, but we are extremely proud of our Wyndham improvements. Thank you for your kind comments.

We hope to see you again soon.

915-778-4241
dlowrance@wyndham.com

Been to Wyndham El Paso Airport? Share your experiences!