Most of the reviews are pretty accurate. It is an old hotel, built in 1912, but that is part of the charm. Kind of reminded me of an old horror movie.....which was not a bad thing. It has an historic charm that you can't get at the newer places. True, the TV is old (approx. 25in. tube) but the furniture looked original.....which again added to the charm. We did not have any problems with the staff at all. In fact they even offered to leave the pool open longer for us. Overall, I would definitely stay again. It was anything but a ghost town while we were there. In fact, there was a live band across the way in an open plaza which was free and had chairs and room for dancing. It's also right across the street from the Civic Center. We didn't go to it but from our room it looked like maybe a rooftop restaurant next to the plaza and concerts in between there and a Starbucks. In this case, you're paying for the experience and not luxury. One more thing, the pool is outdoors on the 10th floor and not heated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Hearth of El Paso, a Texas Landmark part of Historic Hotels of America, with Texas Sized rooms, and a distintion in service with 357 rooms and 19 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Camino Real El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Camino Real Hotel El Paso
- El Paso Camino Real