“Rude and Ridiculous Hotel” 1 of 5 stars

You added Camino Real El Paso to your Saves list
Camino Real El Paso
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 South El Paso Street, El Paso, TX 79901   |
Ranked #46 of 77 hotels in El Paso
“Rude and Ridiculous Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for my nieces birthday party in May,when we got there,noone was out front or at front desk when I found a couple of employees at the bar I asked for help they said someone will be there shortly,15min later I get help but couldn't find my reservation AND told me I needed to pay $8 for parking a night! The rooms are over $100 n they Still ask u to pay for parking?! On top of all that I get to my room n had asked for a king bed n i got a queen,argued with the front desk about the size,the pool was closed,the bathroom was dirty,and when I needed more soap and tp the maids took 1hour n a half to bring it up! I will never stay there again! Even if it was free!

• Stayed May 2013
CaminoRELP, General Manager at Camino Real El Paso, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Kisses25,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review.
The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide, and we do apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. Corrective actions have taken place, to ensure that this won’t happen again. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me so I can personally arrange you stay.

Always at your service,

General Manager.

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed here twice now (with 6 years between visits) and both times I was pleased with the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, and general maintenance. While not in the centre of the action (if there is such an area in El Paso) there's a pub across the street with a good kitchen.

Room Tip: corner rooms are farthest from the elevators
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear South CostaRica,

Thank you for sharing your most gracious feedback from your second visit to Camino Real Hotel. We appreciate your honesty and are glad to hear your stay was up to par. We hope to see you back soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times but was disappointed this time around. This was a great hotel and in many ways still is but oh my has the always schetchy neighborhood gone even further down hill. It's hard to stay here and even think about venturing out of the hotel. It's in the middle of a combat zone not just dead and night but dangerous. Last time I was here 6 years ago there was a semblance of night life. Now it's not even trying. Shame the staff are doing there best

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Santafesoaker,
Thank you for taking the time in writing a review of our hotel. We would like to let you know that the El Paso Downtown area is going thru a remodeling phase and we would like to invite you to come back and look what’s new. There is a new Starbucks just across the hotel, as well as new exciting dining options around downtown. For spring of 2014 the baseball stadium will be finished just two blocks away. Also the Plaza Theater is just across the street featuring free live concerts in the summer, and wonderful shows all year long. We do hope you give our city another chance, since very exciting things are coming our way.
Hoping we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Guadalajara, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Arrived after all day in travel and order in dinner. After one hour I've been told all the orders were canceled because there was too many for staff to cope. No one called to let me know in advance and advise alternative solutions. Next day ordered appetizers and been left 1 hour waiting. They brought it after a complain to the manager. Overall poor service.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Kurwa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the room service issue and spoken with the manager in question. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations with the excellent service you should expect of a Camino Real Hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Dirty, smelly, old, internet does not work, TV was made in the 1970's. Peeling wall paper, mold in bathroom. Horrible bed and horrible sheets. Look s good on their web site but it's not accurate. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Davidtoth,
Thank you for taking the time on giving us a review. I am sorry you feel aggrieved with your visit and I would like to work with you to ensure you are satisfied with the outcome. Your point about having a flat screen TVs in the bedrooms is very valid and we are currently undergoing an upgrade of our TV systems. Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies that you felt so negatively about your stay as this is not the feedback we like to receive. We hope you will have an opportunity to return and enjoy the Camino Real, please feel free to contact me so I can personally arrange your visit.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Spacious, quiet, pretty, with a friendly, helpful staff.

If you like chains, this may not be the place for you. The fixtures aren't new; you may have to search for the electrical outlets; the rugs are a bit worn... but the hotel is charming, the rooms and beds comfortable, and the staff is warm and solicitous. We loved being downtown, walking right out the door and being smack in the middle of El Paso's fabulous historic district--great for ambling and photographing--and a short walk from the bridge and a look at what it means to live on the border--a must! Other reviewers have mentioned that the neighborhood feels unsafe. Really??? Perhaps they're not used to cities or neighborhoods that are anything less than affluent. El Paso is not Beverly Hills. It *is* a fascinating cultural and historical mix. And El Paso is the safest city in the U.S.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room on a high floor, and had a tranquil, comfortable stay.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CaminoRELP, General Manager at Camino Real El Paso, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Ebecker,

Thank you so much for your kind words and nice review. We are truly pleased to provide our guests an idyllic historic downtown location just step from the best cultural attractions and blocks away from the border with Mexico. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Camino Real Hotel upon your next trip to El Paso.

General Manager.
El Paso, TX United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Unfortunately it has taken me some time to write a review for this hotel because of the overall discusses and unsatisfactory stay I had there. The plan was to take my wife out for Valentines weekend. When we arrived the area had no parking except indoor valet parking. I can overlook that, because of all the construction going on in the down town area.
When we went in to the hotel they tell me that there is an automatic one hundred dollar incidental charge, which you are supposed to get back if you don’t use it. They charged me for it and the only reason I got it back was because I checked my account two days later, than had to call three separate times in a week to figure out what the holdup was on my return. I ask for an explanation and still have not gotten a clear answer. It took ten days to get my money back.
We went to dinner at the hotel restaurant. At first all was going well, we were seated given menus and asked what we would like to drink. It took twenty minutes to get the drinks. The server was gone for like thirty minutes after that before we saw him again to order dinner. After we ordered dinner the food came about forty-five minutes to an hour later, very nice presentation but it was cold. Usually when you are served you food, someone will ask if everything is ok. We received no attention what so ever. The service was terrible. When we received the bill there was a misunderstanding about the bill because the dinner was supposed to be in an all-inclusive package. The waiter actually got an attitude, when we addressed the issue.
The room was a nice size and that’s about all that was nice about it. The bed was really low to the floor, too low. The TV was mounted on the wall but it was not centered to the bed. It was way off to the right by the windows. We tried to us the heat and the knob broke off in my hand. Went in to the bath room and was saddened when we saw the dirty tub and a stopped up sink. We ran out of there and could wait to get home.
NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LeAndrew Y,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review.

The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide, and we do apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. The complaints you expressed are very important to us and we intend to ensure that this does not happen in the future. We will ensure that our staff is aware on the importance of meeting the level of service that is expected as a Camino Real Hotel.

lease feel free to contact me so that I may verbally express my apology to you directly. I will personally make sure that we exceed your expectations while visiting our hotel and restaurants in the future.

Enrique De la Cueva

Been to Camino Real El Paso? Share your experiences!