The room was nice, quiet & clean. Unfortunately, the hotel seemed understaffed & people at the front desk didn't seem to communicate with each other.
I had certain incentives included in my rate & the hotel service was ignorant when I put in my request for the drinks & food. I called the front desk the 2nd night, made the request again, was told it would be right up and waited. They never called or even came up to my floor.
I spoke with other guests who said they had a similar issue. They had ordered room service, waited two hours, were then contacted by phone and asked if they still wanted their order. They said no.
When I checked out, I informed the front desk & all they said was, I appologize. These people need to go to professional hoteliers and learn the basics.
I'll make sure never to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1912, our Texas landmark hotel is located in the heart of downtown El Paso, adjacent to the El Paso Convention Center and within walking distance of museums, historic San Jacinto Plaza, Downtown Entertainment and Business Districts. Guests will enjoy La Huerta Restaurant Open from 6 am until 11 pm, opened from Mon to Sunday Dome Restaurant Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 5 pm to 11 pm Pool Open from 6 am to 11 pm Gym open 24hrs Room service from 6 am until 12 am Secured underground parking Complimentary airport shuttle safe deposit box bilingual staff Business center 24Hrs Union Plaza District about 20 restaurants and bars just 5 min in walking distance Chihuahua's Baseball Stadium 1 block away Hudson Williams Convention center across the street San Jacinto Plaza only 1 block away Museum of art across the street Museum of History 2 blocks away Public Library 3 block away SunBowl Stadium 2 min drive Cincinati District with bars and restaurants next to UTEP only 5 min drive - Located in the Hearth of El Paso, a Texas Landmark part of Historic Hotels of America, with Texas Sized rooms, and a distintion in service with 357 rooms and 19 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Camino Real El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Camino Real Hotel El Paso
- El Paso Camino Real