“Nice stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 78 hotels in El Paso
Brasilia, DF
“Nice stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Spent only one night at Camino Real. Friendly staff, huge space at the room, which is clean and clear. Nice view to El Paso Convention Center and to Juarez, Mexico, if your window shows south side. Excellent location, right in the middle of Downtown El Paso. Best value for what it offers.

Room Tip: South side with nice view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Wylie, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Room was adequate but needs to be refurbed - lots of chipped paint, cracked tiles, peeling wallpaper, etc. Bed and pillows were very firm, which I liked. Bathroom very dark inside, only area around mirror lighted. No problem with the wifi at all - watched streaming videos just fine. Bring your earplugs, the outside walls are pretty thin and I heard plenty of train horns and police sirens from El Paso and gunfire from Juarez. Parking is $6 a night. Very convenient to I10.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Galveston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I attended a buisness conference at this hotel that ended 10/19/2012. The overall layout of the hotel for conferences is very good. The staff is very polite and helpful. I don't know if their house keeping staff is kept on schedules but you could set your watch by the housekeeper on the fifth floor. She was litterally in my room each day near the same time and did a perfect job. The room decor and throughout most of the hotel is a little dated. You have to visit the hotel bar on the first floor at least once it has a wonderful stained glass dome above the bar and is fantastic to see in person. Overall I had a nice stay at this hotel and would return in the future.

Room Tip: The upper floors have the better views of the night skyline.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Flower Mound, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Nice property, good location. Stayed there for three nights but not too sure I would go back unless there were some updates. Free WI-FI, however very poor quality and very slow speeds. Was pretty much useless. TV is from from the 1990's, old tube TV with poor picture quality. Mattresses were a little hard and the bathrooms are pretty much out of date.

Rooms were large and clean, however room layouts are poor. No desks for laptops, no view of the TV unless sitting on your bed. Font desk friendly and on-site restaurant was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in September and were completely unhappy. We arrived to a dirty room, hair on the pillow and tub, and a stained comforter. They moved our room the next day but that night it was so cold in our room they had to bring us a space heater and we had to sleep in our jackets. The last night we came up to our room to find a 4 inch cockroach in front of our door and a mouse trap under my bed. In the 4 days we were there there was never a manager; we had advanced paid and could only leave and get our money back if we talked to him. We were stuck there. No one is running the hotel and it shows. It's too bad because the building looks nice on the outside.

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Camino Real Hotel for the first time. Based on my experience, it will definitely not be my last! The hotel itself is beautiful. The instant I walked in I felt as though I traveled back in time. The Dome Bar inside the hotel is also charming. A jazz band played as hotel patrons sipped their spirits. It was very classy indeed!
Our hotel room was very spacious and the beds were very comfortable. But besides the many amenities the Camino provides, the hotel staff made our stay all the more enjoyable. Will Varela, the front desk supervisor, was especially helpful. He gave us great recommendations on what local bars to visit and also arranged our transportation to the Union Plaza, a bar district in downtown El Paso.

Thanks again Camino! I cannot wait for my next visit!

• Stayed October 2012
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

i loved the traditional feel of the hotel. I felt like i was in a Classical Hollywood movie.The entrance and lobby are beautiful, the room was spacious, the remodeled bathroom was divine, and the bed hugged me like a pillow. This experience is one i will never forget. The staff is the absolute friendliest, professional, and attendative ive seen in a while. One gentleman in particular (Will) was exceptional in keeping myself and my guests happy. Everything we asked for and More was provided without hesitation and with-in minutes. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like the experience classic downtown El Paso.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Camino Real El Paso? Share your experiences!