Most of the reviewers are right. The hotel is dated and not in the best shape, but if you can get past that and welcome the experience of staying in a historic and fascinating place for a night or two, you won't regret it. It's clean and comfortable. The staff is great, the food is good, the bar is fantastic, and the ambiance is priceless. Given it's low price (especially if paying govt or company rate), it's just as nice as what you'll get at a modern chain hotel for business travelers. I must admit though, the only reason I booked it while on business is that my parents stayed here on their honeymoon in 1944 while my dad was on his way to flight training. I don't think it changed a bit since then, which in my case made the stay special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Hearth of El Paso, a Texas Landmark part of Historic Hotels of America, with Texas Sized rooms, and a distintion in service with 357 rooms and 19 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Camino Real El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Camino Real Hotel El Paso
- El Paso Camino Real