My husband and I spent last night at the Camino Real and have to say we were very disappointed and upset for wasting our money. The hotel itself is beautiful, lobby area, bar worth checking out. The rooms however are a different story. The decor is very dated and minimalist. The white curtains only accentuate how boring the whole decor is. It must also be the only hotel I have been in the last 5 years that doesn't have a flat screen! The thermostat must be from the 70s and it was coming off the wall. The plumbing was ancient. The bathroom door was broken on the bottom. The only redeeming quality is that both the room and the bathroom were quite spacious. After having to spend the night at this old ruin of a room, at the "bargain" price of $85 a night, the slap in the face came at checkout when we were charged $6 for parking. Apparently being guests at the Camino Real extends you no more courtesies than any other person who just wants to park there. I asked the front desk clerk when was the last time the rooms were renovated and he said the 80s. It's a real shame because it's a beautiful historical building that should be treated with more respect. Bottom line, we will NOT be going back any time soon, unless some serious renovations take place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1912, our Texas landmark hotel is located in the heart of downtown El Paso, adjacent to the El Paso Convention Center and within walking distance of museums, historic San Jacinto Plaza, Downtown Entertainment and Business Districts. Guests will enjoy La Huerta Restaurant Open from 6 am until 11 pm, opened from Mon to Sunday Dome Restaurant Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 5 pm to 11 pm Pool Open from 6 am to 11 pm Gym open 24hrs Room service from 6 am until 12 am Secured underground parking Complimentary airport shuttle safe deposit box bilingual staff Business center 24Hrs Union Plaza District about 20 restaurants and bars just 5 min in walking distance Chihuahua's Baseball Stadium 1 block away Hudson Williams Convention center across the street San Jacinto Plaza only 1 block away Museum of art across the street Museum of History 2 blocks away Public Library 3 block away SunBowl Stadium 2 min drive Cincinati District with bars and restaurants next to UTEP only 5 min drive - Located in the Hearth of El Paso, a Texas Landmark part of Historic Hotels of America, with Texas Sized rooms, and a distintion in service with 357 rooms and 19 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Camino Real El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Camino Real Hotel El Paso
- El Paso Camino Real