Despite reading all the reviews, I was excited about staying at the Camino Real. It used to be where the celebrities stayed when they came to town. Imagine my dismay when all the reviews were right: run down, old faded-color television, uninspired employees, poor bathrooms, lack of attention to detail. On top of all that, I was being charged $6.00/day for parking that, basically, everyone could be/was getting for free. And the hotel allows anyone downtown to park there, so I was, at times, paying to park without an available parking spot. The sign said the manager on duty was a lady named Ada. She wasn't around when I was told to go up to her office. Then I was directed to Ismael (JR) Rodriquez.
It appears that Mr. Rodriquez cares about this property and the guests who come. He refunded my parking fees, and was very willing to do whatever he could to make me happy. Hopefully the management and owners of the Camino Real - El Paso will hire more personnel like Mr. Rodriquez.
My recommendation: book directly with the hotel or separately on Priceline or Travelocity (not in a package vacation deal where you don't know what you are paying for which part of your vacation) so you know what you are paying. Tell the management when something isn't right. Hopefully Mr. Rodriquez or someone similar with make it right, like he did for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1912, our Texas landmark hotel is located in the heart of downtown El Paso, adjacent to the El Paso Convention Center and within walking distance of museums, historic San Jacinto Plaza, Downtown Entertainment and Business Districts. Guests will enjoy La Huerta Restaurant Open from 6 am until 11 pm, opened from Mon to Sunday Dome Restaurant Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 5 pm to 11 pm Pool Open from 6 am to 11 pm Gym open 24hrs Room service from 6 am until 12 am Secured underground parking Complimentary airport shuttle safe deposit box bilingual staff Business center 24Hrs Union Plaza District about 20 restaurants and bars just 5 min in walking distance Chihuahua's Baseball Stadium 1 block away Hudson Williams Convention center across the street San Jacinto Plaza only 1 block away Museum of art across the street Museum of History 2 blocks away Public Library 3 block away SunBowl Stadium 2 min drive Cincinati District with bars and restaurants next to UTEP only 5 min drive - Located in the Hearth of El Paso, a Texas Landmark part of Historic Hotels of America, with Texas Sized rooms, and a distintion in service with 357 rooms and 19 meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions and Priceline so you can book your Camino Real El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Camino Real Hotel El Paso
- El Paso Camino Real