“Close to the Airport!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 79 hotels in El Paso
Dothan, Alabama
“Close to the Airport!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This turned out to be the perfect location for my stay in El Paso. The hotel was close to the airport and easy to find and gain access to. My accommodations were more than adequate and extremely comfortable. At first I was concerned that there might an issue with aircraft taking off and landing, but that was not the case at all. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. Whenever I return to El Paso, I will consider this as a place to hang my hat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
GHouseElPaso, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites El Paso, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your lodging experience with us. It is indeed a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here at the GuestHouse Suites El Paso Airport! I am pleased that our convenient location was helpful to you and that our staff helped to make a more enjoyable experience. We will continue to work hard every day to earn your 'hat-hanging' here with us. Hope to see you again soon at the GuestHouse Suites El Paso Airport! Thank you for your business.

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We wanted to be close to the airport for an early morning flight and decided to try this hotel.
The room was spacious with living area and bedroom and was clean. Staff was polite. I would recommend that you specifically ask for a room on the back side where it will be a bit quieter. The hotel sits on a heavily trafficked road so you don't want a room on the front side.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ruidoso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We have both regularly stay at Guest House in El Paso as well as we regularly put up our guests here before the head home from the airport. We have never had any serious concerns that the staff could not fix upon notification. The staff have always been helpful and friendly. As many others mentioned the Guest House is not the Ritz-Carlton but in the world of budget hotels they are light years ahead of others in the category. Clean, spacious rooms, very solid complimentary breakfast offering, friendly staff, shuttle service to airport. Close to many nice restaurants and major box stores if you are driving not so much if you are on foot. We are rating this property against others in that fall both in its budget class and many moderates we have stayed in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed at this budget hotel the last of May on two separate 1-night stays a week apart. Selection was based mainly on its proximity to the airport. The first stay was uneventful. Requested room type was ready on time, checkin was efficient and swift, and checkout went smoothly.

However, the second stay was a nightmare. Reservations were made 3.5 months in advance and guaranteed by credit card. We arrived 1.5 hours before check-in time and were told the room was not ready. Fair enough; not a problem then.

Arriving later, at the published check-in time, we were told that (1) the room was not available, (2) there were only two rooms in the hotel that had a 2-bed configuration that we had requested when we made the reservation, (3) the hotel was full, and (4) the previous guests in the room had decided to extend their stay, which is the reason it was not available . The latter excuse was the most aggravating. The desk clerk was different than the one we met on the stay a week earlier and he seemed to be totally confused, walking back and forth between two terminals continually repeating that the hotel had only two rooms with a 2-bed configuration. This back-and-forth between the two terminals continued for a long time; then a woman appeared who was identified as the Manager. She then joined the saga of the battle with the terminals, explaining that "The computer won't let us do . . . ." Time marched on, and on, and on. The amount of keyboard activity could have programmed the Space Shuttle. There were murmurs about the possibility of having to find us a place in another hotel. Numerous times we were asked if we had made the reservations through a third-party. Finally a third woman appeared and instructed the other two how to resolve the issue. We were finally put up in two adjoining rooms.

This whole odyssey lasted 45 minutes; in fact, 2 hours 15 minutes had elapsed since we first arrived and they knew that we would occupy our reserved room.
Most disputes in business result from unfulfilled customer expectations, but our expectations for a budget hotel weren't really very high at the start. However, this scenario was ridiculous. The staff on duty gets a "F" for crisis management, solution creativity, and resourcefulness. More training is definitely required.

The rest of the hotel's features are pretty much average for the rates paid. There's a shuttle service, the rooms were clean, water was hot, and rooms were surprisingly quiet, both front and back, despite being sandwiched between a busy street and an airport runway. In fact, the biggest plus for this hotel is its convenience to the El Paso Airport -- just about a two-minute drive.

Room Tip: 1. Make your reservation directly with the hotel, rather than a third-party such as Travelocity, Ex...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GHouseElPaso, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites El Paso, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize you had delays in checking in. You are absolutely right; it was a challenging day for us. As we enjoy having our guests extend their stays with us, on sell-out nights and with so many guests all trying to check in early; we did have some challenges. Again, I apologize that you were affected by these events. Please know that this is not typical service of our front desk. We pride ourselves in caring about the quality of service we offer. The staff and I have a genuine pride in the work we do everyday. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, its cleanliness, location, and value. Please feel free to contact me personally any time I can be of service to you, or if you would like to discuss further.
westminster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I will start off by saying I'm a Marriott gal. And no, this was not 5 star level. However, for 60.00 a night. It was a safe room, comfy bed, with a wet bar that served a hot breakfast. Also had coffee and juice available anytime of the day. So very close to the airport, close to Fort Bliss and the shuttle would take you in the immediate area. The only thing that annoyed me was every day I had to ask for washcloth and hand towels. We were there for 5 days. Other than that the hotel was just fine for a long budget friendly stay.

Room Tip: Get one on the back side so as to be not so close to the airport for take off noise
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GHouseElPaso, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites El Paso, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in letting us know about your recent stay at the GuestHouse Suites El Paso Airport! I am pleased you enjoyed the convenience and value you received at our property. Please accept our apologies that your towels were not available timely. I have since increased our towel inventory, so that our sell-out nights will not affect the timeliness of your service. Thank you again for staying at the GuestHouse Suites! We hope to see you again soon when travel brings you to El Paso!
Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have written many reviews and I always rate mine based on the price I paid and what was expected. We booked directly with the hotel and got a 2 bedroom suite for $65/night. When traveling with 2 teenage girls - the extra bedroom was a must and it was the only place I found in El Paso with 2 rooms. Breakfast each morning and Wifi IN the room is included in this rate....none of that extra 10-20/night extra I hate hotels charge for Wifi in your room. You simply cannot go wrong. I agree with some reviewers that the pillows could be better and the towels softer....however I still rate as excellent because it was clean, comfortable, roomy and an excellent value. The front desk staff was EXCELLENT and Luis (the shuttle driver) was GREAT....we had a car but it was nice to have somebody drive us to dinner so we could enjoy the delicous margaritas with dinner! We stayed 4 nights and I only heard 2 airplanes...even though the airport was right across the street....so very quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GHouseElPaso, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites El Paso, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know about your experience at the GuestHouse Suites El Paso Airport. It is fantastic that you were able to get a special discounted price on your suite and that your family enjoyed the cleanliness, spaciousness and customer service! I will let Luis, our shuttle driver know of your wonderful comments. Thank you again for staying with us. We certainly hope to see you back again soon at the GuestHouse Suites El Paso Airport!
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We needed a hotel near the airport for an EARLY morning flight out. We didn't want to drive from Las Cruces at 3:30 in the morning! I found this hotel on TripAdvisor and called for rates and availability. Wow is all I have to say! The staff was great, the shuttle was right on time, the rooms were clean and HUGE for the price. They accommodated us with the need for a first floor room as my mom was with us and even supplied us with paper plates for the food we had delivered from Dominics. I would recommend this hotel highly to anyone - especially if you need a place for a few days. The kitchenette is perfect for getting a few items to have ready for snacks/drinks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your lodging experience with us and those who travel to El Paso and would like to stay in the El Paso airport area. We are very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed the convenience; price and quality of our GuestHouse Suites hotel and hope to see you again in the near future! I will pass on your comments to my staff. Thank you again!

Been to GuestHouse Suites El Paso? Share your experiences!