“Good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Tucson
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hotel is a bit dated, but was clean and the employees were very helpful and knowledgable. Although the place is near the airport we weren't bothered at all by noise. Good value and centrally located. Restaurants are not really walkable, however.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GHouseElPaso, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites El Paso, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and others who travel through El Paso. We are certainly pleased that you enjoyed the value that GuestHouse Suites has to offer. I am not sure what you are referring to that gave you a 'dated' feel. The property is not quite 7 years old and was renovated mid 2011. If you have ideas or suggestions, I welcome you to contact me directly; as it is our focus to always remain customer-driven. Thank you again for staying with us at the GuestHouse Suites El Paso! Hope to see you again real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was our first stay at a GuestHouse International Suites and we would stay again. The place was an excellent value: reasonable price, clean room, friendly professional staff, convenient location, and okay breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
GHouseElPaso, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites El Paso, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us regarding your stay at the GuestHouse Suites. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, friendly staff and clean, spacious rooms, along with receiving a good value. The staff and I take great pride in the work we do and want you to enjoy each and every stay with us. We certainly hope to see you again at the GuestHouse Suites, the next time you pass through El Paso. All the best to you in 2014!
Las Cruces
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

THE BIGGEST ISSUE IS THAT I WAS TOLD I HAD TO MAKE THE RESERVATION ONLINE AND COULD NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL LOCALLY- THEN I SEE AN $18.00 ONLINE RESERVATION FEE WHICH I WAS NEVER TOLD ABOUT. tHAT IS DECEPTIVE PRACTICES!!!The hotel itself was fine. The location and getting to it was a nightmare. There is no sign available from the main road. You GUESS in the correct direction, wind down a very dark small sidestreet and then guess to turn left onto another very dark small street in the direction of the hotel. I was told to turn on another side street which I could not find at night or driving by it yesterday in the day. The area itself is not well lite.

Room Tip: The walls do not have very good insulation. I could hear people walking upstairs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your stay. I apologize that you had difficulty in finding our location. We are conveniently located right off Airway Blvd., which is
easily accessible from Interstate 10. Then follow Airway to Convair and turn left. Generally you should be able to see the large sign in front of the building and sign at the top of the building itself. I checked just to make sure we don't have any lighting issues. As far as your reservation; I am not familiar with any approved websites that charge a fee. If so, that is the website itself and not the brand website nor the hotel. I welcome you to contact me directly so that we can discuss this in further detail, and so that I can immediately handle appropriately. Regardless of these issues, I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of you staying here again. I am pleased that you did not have any issues with the hotel or the service of my staff. Thank you again.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

A family member's posting to Ft. Bliss brought us to El Paso for an extended period of time. I consulted the reviews of hotels close to both Ft. Bliss and the El Paso airport and came across the GuestHouse Suites, a chain of hotels of which I was unfamiliar. The reviews were excellent and the rate was amazing (around half of that being charged by the nearby Marriott!), so I decided to give the Guesthouse a chance and book there. It was an excellent decision.

From the minute we were greeted late at night after a long day's drive to El Paso until our departure to the airport several days later via the hotel’s free shuttle, we had a great experience at the GuestHouse Suite. First of all, the room (a basic king suite) was quite spacious—a king bed, a comfortable suite area (sofa, wet bar, microwave and mini-fridge), a desk and chair, a good-sized bathroom (although the towels were not big and fluffy as I like) and plenty of space for clothes, suitcases, etc. Also, due to the size of our party, one person (me) ended up sleeping on the sleeper sofa and I was planning on several sleepless nights having slept on other hotels’ sleeper sofas (e.g. Embassy Suites). I was pleasantly surprised how well I slept on the sleeper sofa. The mattress was a little soft for my tastes, but there was no bar under the mattress poking me in the back all night. That should be a big “plus” for anyone traveling with a family and needing the use of the sleeper sofa. Other amenities that we liked were the delicious and complimentary hot/cold breakfast (kept well-stocked by the friendly employee, Pat), the business center which always had an available computer when I needed it and the small fitness center (even though it could definitely benefit from a fan in the room!)

The location of the GuestHouse Suites could not be better for anyone needing accommodations near the airport (just a short trip away in the free hotel shuttle) or Ft. Bliss (again, just a couple minutes away from one of the main gates.) Also, the hotel is near major roads (walking distance) with a lot of restaurants and shops.

I reserve my "5-star" ratings for hotels which are not only very good but also which exceed my expectations and the GuestHouse Suites definitely did. Should my travel plans bring me to El Paso again, I am sure I will stay at the GuestHouse Suites. I am so glad that a took a chance on this unfamiliar hotel. It certainly was a winner!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the road to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such detailed comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is always such a compliment to a General Manager and to the staff when the guests thoroughly enjoy their hotel; the delicious food; clean, spacious and comfortable room and service by the employees. I am pleased that you had a great experience at the GuestHouse Suites El Paso. I will be sure and pass your wonderful review on to our employees, so that they know how much their work is appreciated! We certainly hope to have you stay with us again, the next time travel brings you our way, and will continue to work hard to earn your repeat business. Have a wonderful
New Year!
Lubec, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

One of the best values we experienced during our trip west (we're from Maine). Clean and spacious room, great breakfast and super nice desk lady. The only glitch was their shuttle driver didn't show up for duty one evening, when we needed a lift from the airport (about 1/4 mile away) and we had to take a cab (they paid for it). We also had to wait for the shuttle driver to defrost the windshield one morning after an unusual night of freezing rain. Guess they don't equip them with scrapers in Texas! We'd certainly return next time we're in town.

Another little glitch: the entrance sign was nearly invisible; they are located on a side access road off a limited access highway and we went around the block more times than I care to admit!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GHouseElPaso, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites El Paso, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your lodging experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the convenient location, clean and comfortable room and front desk service, while you stayed at the GuestHouse Suites! I apologize our shuttle driver was not available, but glad that we took care of your fare for you. You are absolutely right about the cold weather in Texas; especially El Paso! It seems that a small amount of snow or ice really catches us off guard, as we have over 300 days a year with sunshine! Hopefully next time you are here we will have a little warmer weather for you; which hopefully will be a nice change for you! We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your travel brings you to El Paso. Thank you again!
Ruston, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Spent 2 nights at this hotel the end of Oct. The staff was friendly to a person, the room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was one of the best I've had in a hotel. It had all the amenities, was convenient and was just overall a very pleasant experience. I will look for other Guesthouse facilities in my future travels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GHouseElPaso, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites El Paso, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your lodging experience with us and for your gracious compliments. There is no greater reward for a General Manager or for the staff they lead, than to have highly satisfied guests at their hotel. If there is anything we can do in the future to continue to earn your business, please feel free to let me know personally. I will be sure and share your remarks with our staff; as we will continue to work hard to earn your repeat business! Thank you again for staying at the GuestHouse Suites El Paso. Hope to see you again real soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The front desk staff was very curt opus during our three night stay. Rooms was clean and roomy. Had a King Suite. Price was good. Breakfast in the mornings was good. Would stay there again. Even with the airport noise at all hours. Close to Ft Bliss

Stayed November 2013
GHouseElPaso, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites El Paso, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and travelers who come through El Paso! The staff and I are so pleased that we treated you well, and that you enjoyed the spaciously clean room, breakfast, value and service. The next time you join us, you might want to ask for a room facing the south, so that it is a little more quieter for you. Thank you again for your compliments. I will be sure and share them with the staff. Hope to see you again real soon at the GuestHouse Suites El Paso!

Been to GuestHouse Suites El Paso? Share your experiences!