“Nice place to stay in EL Paso” 4 of 5 stars

GuestHouse Suites El Paso
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1940 Airway Blvd, El Paso, TX 79925   |
Ranked #26 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Los Angeles
“Nice place to stay in EL Paso”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I usually stay here at Guestsuites in El Paso because it always clean. Rooms are clean, lobby is clean, eating area is clean. Nice place. Rooms are not real big but there is still room for 2 with little difficulty. Very nice staff. Courteous, always smiling and saying hello. The young lady by name of Irene is such a courteous and professional employee. I thought she was the manager by the way she carried herself. I give her very high marks for making my stay a good one. They also have a complimentary, light breakfast in the morning which isn't fancy but is very satisfying. Nice place overall

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GHouseElPaso, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites El Paso, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the GuestHouse Suites. The staff and I are so pleased that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms, breakfast and our front desk service. I will be sure and share with the front desk how much a great smile and friendly disposition means to customers; as we continually try to provide a great experience for you, our guest. We certainly hope to see you again soon the next time travel brings you to El Paso! All the best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed in a king suite with three other people. Pros: The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good too (continental + hot items). Good value. Cons: The pullout sofa was incredibly uncomfortable. When we arrived, the toiletries weren't refreshed, we didn't have enough towels or sheets for the pullout sofa. When we checked out, we were told we couldn't split the bill but the lady who checked us in said we could. Overall, decent hotel and great front desk staff.

Room Tip: Avoid the pullout sofa if possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GHouseElPaso, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites El Paso, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience with us. I apologize that you did not have a more positive experience with us; but am pleased that you enjoyed the accommodations, breakfast and service. Our towels are set for 3 guest per king bedded room; when is generally hotel standard. It is our experience that king rooms are generally occupied by two guests. Rarely do we have guests who use the sofa sleeper; but I apologize your experience was not better. I think considering the amount of people you had in the room; you would have been more comfortable in one of our double queens or double king suites. Please feel free to contact me personally next time you travel this way to make sure we can get a double room for you. Generally, if anyone needs extra towels or linen, it is our pleasure to get those for them. As far as splitting the bill at check-out; that is really not a problem. If you would like to contact me personally, so that I can locate your name in our system, I would like to make sure the agent who checked you out understands how to accomplish that task. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experience. I certainly hope to see you again soon when travel brings you to El Paso!
Little Elm, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed for a 4-day visit to El Paso, first week in March '13. Everything was great--starting with the staff (even on the phone). The rooms were well-thought out; let me feel right at home. Even though the parking lot was half full, I seemed to always get a spot near the front door... started feeling like I was just pulling into my driveway at the end of the day. I didn't spend much actual time at the hotel--I was gone from early 'morn to late night, so its notable that I had such positive thoughts about the GuestHouse. They just did everything right, from room design to executing their customer service plan in a way that was friendly and very genuine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GHouseElPaso, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites El Paso, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I must say, it is indeed an honor for any General Manager when a guest feels like home; when staying at their hotel! The staff and I are so pleased that you felt like you were going home at the GuestHouse Suites! It is our heart-felt desire each and every day to have our guests truly enjoy their lodging experience with us. While all your comments were very complimentary, if you ever have any suggestions for ways in which we might be able to make you feel even more comfortable, please let me know directly. We are customer-driven, and want to see you again at the GuestHouse Suites the next time you are in El Paso! Thanks again for the great compliments!
Deming, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The lobby and hallways are on the spartan side, but the service providers were really friendly and helpful. Super close to the airport with good shuttle service. The suite was comfortable for a one night stay, but my room wasn't furnished for a long stay -- no pots and pans, dishes, flatware, etc. Perhaps one must request for a longer stay? There was a kitchen. No food on site except for breakfast (which I didn't have since I departed at 5 am), but there were a variety of delivery menus at the front desk and shuttle service to restaurants. Good TV channel selection.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the accommodations at the GuestHouse. While we do not offer cooking pots, pans, utensils, etc.; we do offer a complimentary shuttle service within 3 miles of the hotel that can take you to around 50plus eating establishments. In addition, we do offer the hot breakfast buffet daily and the Manager's Reception Monday through Wednesday. However, if you or a work related group have regular travel to El Paso and need cooking capabilities; please call me I will see what arrangements we might be able to make for you. Thank you again. We hope to see you again at the GuestHouse Suites El Paso!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights at the hotel. The room was clean and modern, good size.
the staff was so friendly and helpful...We were new to the city and didnt know our way around, the hotel was easy to find and so close to the airport.

Room Tip: close to the airport.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the GuestHouse Suites
El Paso! It is always a pleasure to share with my staff the great comments they receive for a
job well done. I certainly hope that you will stay with us again at the GuestHouse the next time
travel brings us to our area!
NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Had to make some last minute plans to overnite in El Paso. We knew about this Hotel because it is next to Shelter Parking. After talking to Mary about availability, I was comfortable to commit.
And we were not disappointed. Very nice people and a great price. Pets are welcome and they don't charge a leg and a tail like a lot of places in El Paso. 10 bucks for your Fido. This place works very well for anyone who has to drive to El Paso to catch an early plane. They have a breakfast that starts at 6:00 and they have a shuttle service to deliver you to the airport(you can leave your car next door at Shelter Parking). The shuttle will also take you to an area restaurant so you don't have to drive after having a few margaritas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New Mexico
1,648 helpful votes 1,648 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nice Property ! Great Room ! Great Price !
Louis Juarez was outstanding, it was very late i had just flown in from Istanbul Turkey, i was hungry and exhausted, he gave me agreat rate & checked me in fast, i had troubl ordering a pizza,so called it in for me & it was great, and the very knowledgable and friendly Louis Juarez made it that much better !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to GuestHouse Suites El Paso? Share your experiences!