“Overall had a pleasant experience upon arrival I asked the...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #19 of 78 hotels in El Paso

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently stayed here for 4 days during a business trip. The staff upon arrival was very friendly. I was given a handicap room which wasn't necessary for me (the lady that booked my hotel room at my workplace messed up). After a shower the next morning after arrival, the bathroom was incredibly soaked due to there not being a tub. I went to the desk and requested a room change and was upgraded to a suite. This room was very nice but the heating/cooling unit in the bedroom did not work. I told the front desk and the guy behind the desk came and looked at it. He said they couldn't fix it that evening but would have it fixed the next day. He offered me another room which I declined, then he offered me an extra blanket, as it was close to 30 degrees that evening. I accepted and had a decent night's sleep. Upon arrival back to my room after work the next day, the heating/cooling unit still had not been fixed. I was offered another suite which I accepted. This suite was fine.
Pros: nice clean rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff
Cons: had to change rooms 2 times, elevator sounded as if it was going out (hadn't been inspected since 2011), hot water in shower only lasted a few minutes

Louisville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Have been staying here twice a month for over three years.
Great front desk staff, quick and helpful (April, Jessica, Michael, Josie)
Breakfast always great with a huge selection (THANKS Connie!)
Managers happy hour (actually 2 hours!) is always a pleasure (THANKS Marianna!)
Rooms always clean, beds comfortable, nice TV, so-so coffee in room, good iron.

Noise from adjacent rooms slamming doors - adjust the closers.
Noise from room above - go to the fourth floor.
Towels are old and rough - time to replace (I've started bringing my own).
Last straw is lack of hot water for the last several months. Complained twice. Still no better.
Elevator last annual inspection was August 2011 - should I be concerned?
I hear the Owner stays here frequently - he doesn't notice this stuff? Special room?

My expectation is that for $100 a night, the accommodation needs to meet or beat my own home.
The staff is fabulous, but the continued cool showers and frequent rude awakenings at night from the noise have caused me to try the #3 rated hotel in town. I'll see how they measure up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SHEILA W, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham El Paso, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you have had good experience with the property and staff. I do apologize for any inconveniences or doubts that you have regarding the property; as guest satisfaction is our priority. Any hot water issues have been minimal and not affecting the entire hotel. We have already taken measures to correct these few issues. The elevator inspection is current. As bureauracy would have it, sometimes there is a delay in obtaining the certificate and getting it posted before the expiration date; but all inspections and re-certifications are being done in all areas before the expiration due dates. We certainly hope that you will again return to the Wingate, the next time travel brings you to El Paso!
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I love to stay stay here while on business in El Paso. In fact, everyone from my office stays here. My room has always been clean and the interior is up to date. The room and especilly the bed is so comfortable. I really appreciate the Continential Breakfast that's more than dry cereal and fruit. We can gather in the morning, go over the days schedule and it saves everyone having to leave the hotel first thing in the morning. I always treat myself to waffles and bacon. And I almost forgot to mention the happy hour days where we can unwind over complementary snacks. I recommend staying at Wingate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SHEILA W, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham El Paso, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear from guests who truly enjoy their stay with us; the cleanliness of the room, the hot breakfast buffet and the manager's reception in the evening. It sounds like you feel very relaxed and comfortable staying with us.... kind of like home; and that is our goal with each and every guest. My staff and I will continue to work hard to earn your business. Hope to see you again soon at the Wingate El Paso!

Been to Wingate by Wyndham El Paso? Share your experiences!