“Very Good Option” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn El Paso Airport

You added Holiday Inn El Paso Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6351 Gateway Blvd West, El Paso, TX 79925 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham El Paso)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Very Good Option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is well located off I-10, right next door to a 24-hour Taco Cabana, Bank, Walgreens, etc. The rooms were well appointed and clean, and best of all the rate was excellent. I paid $75/ night with my AAA discount while other hotels within 1-3 mile radius were from $100-$170 x night. This hotel is a great option...I think my rate even included breakfast, but I didnt have any as I went next door.

Room Tip: Get a room near the back of the hotel. Expressway is right in front, but noise not an issue.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
EPWingate, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on your recent stay. It is indeed a pleasure to see that you enjoyed our fine property and the value that you experienced. We will continue to work hard so that each and every trip to the Wingate by Wyndham will be a pleasant one. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Peoria, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed over night on a road trip and found it to be a nice place to stay. We had 2 rooms because we have 6 kids and both rooms were clean & comfortable. The staff was friendly and the breakfast had a good variety and you could even make your own waffles. If we travel this way again we will stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jerome H, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Guest,

This review is from 3 years ago. Since that time we have undergone an extensive hotel property renovation and are now a Full Service Holiday Inn Hotel known for providing our guest with exceptional service, clean rooms, well maintained amenities and a first class onsite restaurant named Burger Theory. We would love to have you come back to see our changes and give us another opportunity to serve you with excellence!

warm regards,

Jerome Hopkins, CHA
915-772-4088
Robinson, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Other than the bed being a little hard for my taste, this hotel was a great place to stay. It was very clean and spacious, had really nice staff, a hot breakfast, and Taco Cabana right next door (which offers 20% military discount). If ever we stay in El Paso again, we'll definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
EPWingate, General Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to send your review about our property. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and hope that you do have an opportunity to stay with us again.
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stay frequently at Wingate by Wyndham but have tried others nearby and by far, get the best value for your stay. I pamper myself and stay in a suite and find it fits me perfectly. The beds are awesome, firm and comfortable, the living area is spacious, and comfort controlled in two areas. The staff is responsive, concerned about your comfort, and have responded to needs quickly. If there were downsides I would have to say, put a spare blanket in the closet, a towel rack near the shower rather than above the toilet across the bathroom, put the light switch in the bedroom near the bed on a different circuit from the entry hall ceiling light (can't turn on/off without the other). The quick breakfast is just ok, fast but ok. Otherwise, I have settled on this location as prime territory!!!

Room Tip: If you don't like highway traffic, try to get a room on the "back side" of the buildin...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our property. It is always a pleasure to share such kind words with our staff. They take great pride in their work and it is nice to share the compliments with them. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

With my company we move around alot and stay in hundreds of hotels.. Some i have stayed in were not very good... I would like everyone to know the Wingate by Wyndham El Paso is a Fantastic hotel..
Not only is it clean and neat. EVERYONE of the employees have been EXTREMELY nice and professional. I would recommend this hotel to everyone i know if you are looking for a home away from home as the staff here will make you feel like home... And the Manager is a great person that went outta her way to make our stay PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!11

GO WINGATE EL PASO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
EPWingate, Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you, Kevin for your kind words. It's a pleasure having you stay at our property and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Winchester, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Room was very clean and comfortable except for the long ugly hair I found in one of the 2 ceramic coffe mugs. Bed was a little to hard for me but ok. Loved the shower. Unfortunately the hotel is next to the freeway and the rooms arent very sound proof. Had to use the fan to drown out the traffic noise and the sounds of someone walking in the room above me. Nice but small work out room, went down twice to work out but someone was always on the machine I use. Close to alot of stores and food also close to airport.

• Stayed September 2011
EPWingate, Manager at Holiday Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
I would like to thank Winezperce for staying at our property. Our location is on I-10 along with several other hotels. We get many compliments about the fact that we are centrally located making it easy for our out-of-town travellers to get around. We hope to see you again in the near future.
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed just for one nigh. Unfortunately i got one of those rooms on the back of the hotel in the first floor, to my surprise it had see through curtains. That means every time somebody parked in front of my room they could see to the inside. So much for privacy. As my wife and i were relaxing, somebody just walks in to our room. After that i called the front desk and they said something was wrong with the system. I guess i just bad luck that day but overall I really liked the hotel and would stay again. Next time i would just be a little more specific about the location of my room

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

This review is from 4 years ago. Since that time we have undergone an extensive hotel property renovation and are now a Full Service Holiday Inn Hotel known for providing our guest with exceptional service, clean rooms, well maintained amenities and a first class onsite restaurant named Burger Theory. We would love to have you come back to see our changes and give us another opportunity to serve you with excellence!

warm regards,

Jerome Hopkins, CHA
915-772-4088

Been to Holiday Inn El Paso Airport? Share your experiences!