“Called a liar by management” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 79 hotels in El Paso
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Called a liar by management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Only time I have ever complained .. Bathroom sink badly cracked $200 suite way overpriced and no cinnamon rolls available for breakfast.. Complained to management and they called us a liar .. No rolls from 9 am to 9.30 wouldn't refund room bathroom cracked sink ( repaired badly) felt like I was in a cheap hotel do not recommend now I know why the Hampton was fully booked

• Stayed June 2014
Holiday Inn Exp... E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites I-10 East, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello Ma'am,

We do apologize about the inconvenience during your stay. I wish we could have fixed your issue while you were here but unfortunately we could not. Thank you for your feedback and hope you stay loyal to our IHG brand family.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

And I've stayed at a lot of HIEs, all across the state. But this property tarnishes a great brand.

At every single HIE I've stayed at, I've had a refrigerator and microwave in my room. I thought it was standard. But when I checked in, I noticed my room didn't have either. I was upset because I'm a vegan and wanted to go but some food as El Paso is not vegan friendly at all.

So I called the front desk and was told only suite rooms have them and the only way to have a fridge in my room was to upgrade to a suite for $20 more a day. Being that I was on business and the room was being paid for by my employer (the State of Texas), this was not an option. I was told I could store my stuff in the staff fridge at the front desk. I'm sorry, but no. I didn't trust them at this point and it only got worse from here. I asked if an unused fridge could be brought to my room and I was told that wasn't an option. The dude, Rick, at the front desk was not willing to help me. I don't understand how IHG corporate allows this. So I called IHG corporate to see of they could help me (case #50524604).

Rick who was on duty at the time (not a manager-he only works 8am-4pm) lied to IHG corporate when they called to see what was going on. When IHG corporate called first, Rick said he could switch me to a room with a fridge for a night as he didn't have clearance from the manager to do so for 4 nights. Corporate told me to call rick as soon as I hung up with them and see what room to go to. I did as instructed, in less than a minute, and suddenly that room with a fridge had been booked! Wow! I called IHG corporate back to complain again and to let them know this franchise had no interest in resolving this issue. The IHG corporate rep then called Rick back to see what was going on and HE LIED AGAIN. He said I had been demanding a complimentary upgrade since I checked in. NO. All I wanted was a fridge to store my highly perishable vegan food. All Rick did was offer to store my food in the fridge in the managers office. Um NO. If I can't trust you to tell corporate the truth, then I don't trust you with my food.

I gave up after this and just bought a styrofoam cooler at a supermarket.

Other than that the room was extremely hot when I walked in. That's really annoying. This is the desert. I was already hot when I walked in the building.

Only one ice machine for the entire hotel. Again, this is the desert. And most of the rooms don't have fridges. So ice should be more available.

The decor is 1990s Southwest. Very dated.

And the location sucks if you are commuting to central El Paso. Get ready to sit in lots of traffic on I-10. The location is great if you love chain restaurants. I hate them.

All in all, stay here if you don't need a fridge, love dated decor, love traffic, love chain restaurants, and love being treated poorly by hotel staff when you make a request.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites I-10 East, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Meredith R,

I am very sorry you feel this way and am sorry we could not make your stay to your standards. It was and unfortunate situation where the room type you booked does not have a fridge in it and we were indeed sold out all week and could not move you rooms. I do apologize as wish there was more we could have done to please you. Sorry about the inconvenience and have a great day.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

From checkin to check out everything was great. The night shift guy was very polite and was efficient with helping us with keys and a prompt check in. Pool area was clean, vending machines are on all floors, and the room was very comfortable. No problems with internet connection either. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites I-10 East, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Elseinutah,
Thank you for the compliment about the gentleman who checked you in. He is indeed a great representative of how we do business here. We are glad to have had you as our guest and look for to serving you in the future. Thank you and be safe.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable and clean. Great pillows and shower. The only problem was the wifi. Could not connect. Ipad would not even detect a signal. When we mentioned it to the front desk in the morning, they advised that they had numerous complaints and comped us 5000 points! Would return in a heartbeat.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dbax,
We appreciate you giving us the chance to make or wrong right. Our Wifi is stronger than ever now and hope you get a chance to try it out. Thank you and be safe.
Rio Rancho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Location is convenient to I-10 at 11825 Gateway Blvd West, this is a great hotel. Friendly staff, immaculate and large rooms. We had the King Executive Suite. They had an electric plug console on the desk for convenience. The internet connection was easy to use and fast. Breakfast was great, a huge selection and it was all good. I love the pancake machines. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip through El Paso. My only negative was that they did not honor my request for a ground floor room.

Room Tip: From what I observed any room is good. We were on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Paul J,
Thank you for your kind and thorough review of our hotel.. We really appreciate hearing an outsiders view of our hotel.. We pride ourselves on service and cleanliness and hope to accommodate you in the future. Thanks and be safe.
Lucerne, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel is not bad - stayed already a few times there. Comfortable bed, clean and easy Internet access in the Lobby. I had a room in the far end in the 4th floor. The wLan did not work there. It seemed to me I had the centralised bathroom ventilator close to my room. It was extremely noisy. A bit chilly in the night time - no chance to close the window.
The new TV sets are not userfriendly at all. You have to select the input signal each time when you switch the TV on, manually on the TV.... if you figure that out (no manual available)
There is no bar in this Holiday Inn....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites I-10 East, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Nufi2010,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Goodyear, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed there on a family. The room was decent and the bed very good. I have to say that is where the good things ended. The bathroom lights flickered, bussed and went off a couple of times, the sink did not drain properly and the shower head spewed everywhere but where it shoud. There was no refrigerator in our King room. I usually check on this due to my medications but didn't this time as all our other Holiday Inn's on this trip had one. The TV remote didn't work properly and the TV had to be turned on manually. The worst and most surprising moment was when flipping channels there was a very explicit adult movie that we didn't order. If my grandchildren had been with us it would have been very embarrassing. I reported this to the desk clerk the next morning and was told "it's not the hotels fault we are getting an upgrade". Well, if not the hotels fault then who's? Was it ours, the customer who merely turned on the TV? The desk clerk did say that is usually a channel you have to order but still did not accept responsibilitiy. I immediately e-mailed the general manager as I felt this should receive immediate attention due to the many families staying there but received NO response. I am still very surprised by this inaction. They say 100% satisfaction, well this wasn't even close. This isn't about a free room or dollars off of a room not that any of this was offered, it's about poor customer service. We have been a priority club member for years and have never been treated so poorly.

Room Tip: There are two other Holiday Inn Express's in El Paso that I would check out.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites I-10 East, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Sorry about the issue. It was an HBO channel and we understand your concern. I called you and e mailed you to apologize about the situation. We must have missed each other.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites I-10 East? Share your experiences!