I have traveled for work 50 weeks a year for more than 15 years, and I have been staying at this property 4 nights a week since just before Christmas. This is one of the better ones.
The front end staff -- front desk, bell staff and van drivers -- is excellent, always friendly and quite helpful.
The rooms have always been clean, and any maintenance problems, which have been rare, are promptly addressed.
And the food is definitely above the norm for mid-range hotel restaurants.The cream of green chili soup and the house-made steak sauce are excellent.
But you might want to give the bar a pass, unless you are the sort who is satisfied with a selection of a few beer brands and the occasional simple gin and tonic or rum and coke. I asked for a cocktail that is on every "Drinks All Bartenders Should Know" list on the internet and got a blank look. And even after I explained what it was, they could not make it because they didn't have the ingredients.
They lost out on a fifty-dollar food and beverage tab because the bar could not make a negroni.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the campus of the University of Texas at El Paso and across the street from two major medical centers. The hotel is within a 5 block radius of over 50 restaurants, bars and stores. Just one and half miles from the El Paso Convention Center/Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Hilton El Paso
- El Paso Hilton Garden Inn