“Hilton personnel are the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #5 of 78 hotels in El Paso
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hilton personnel are the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

There were so many wonderful things about this stay, starting with the midnight check-in by a competent, efficient and compassionate desk-person, who was flexible enough to allow us to change our breakfast coupons to use them for a larger party all on one day. The room was clean and comfortable. The water, at least compared to where we live, was clean and completely drinkable (from the tap, even). Showers are hot and powerful and roomy. Parking is free. The location is at UTEP, convenient to the airport, university, the scenic drive, and highways. But like I started out saying, the people who work here are just the nicest and most competent people I've seen anywhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay, even though it was short. The room was quiet, comfortable and spacious; the bed was awesome and I actually had two excellent nights' sleep: a rarity on a short trip. The hotel's dining areas were open and inviting, with fireplaces and warm initimate areas in the hotel. Its location is ideal to the meetings I attended. The the entire staff was friendly and welcoming; and I am looking forward to a return stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We are fans of Hilton Garden Inns and this location was no exception. The hotel lobby is actually larger than many in the chain and warmly decorated. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are standard. I did read one review that commented on lumpy pillows. I admit, one was lumpy, one wasn't so I simply tossed the lumpy one aside and utilized the comfy option.

Breakfast was excellent, the sausage much nicer quality than that I have found in many Garden Inns.

The reasons we picked this hotel were twofold: price and location. The price was excellent for this time of year and won, hands down, over other options we explored. However, location was the deal breaker. Located adjacent to the University of Texas at El Paso, this is the perfect hotel for students and parents coming to town to check out the university. Also a great place to stay for those coming in for the Sun Bowl or any other UTEP based OR downtown activity. Excellent restaurants such as Crave or the Mesa Street Grill are within walking distance are other options such as sushi and thai. Tabla is minutes away by car.

Whenever we come back to El Paso, we'll be staying right here at the University Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlsbad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a nice stay over all and will def. be returning to hotel. Front desk staff was nice and she was really helpful as to what restaurants to eat at and told us where the location of our room was and went over the lay out of the hotel. Our room was nice and we had a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Torrance, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here 1 night for business. Room was clean, but I hate those square pillows. Who uses square pillows? Fitness room was ok for a small hotel. Weights, a couple of treadmills and other cardio machines. Within walking distance of UTEP and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I'm Hilton Diamond, so I stay at a lot of HGI's. One of the main reasons HGI's beat Marriott Courtyards is on the bed: the pillows and the comforter. Pillows & comforter at HGI--nice, fluffy (usually). At Courtyards: very thin blanket/comforter thingy will leave you freezing, and the smelly, square 'pillows' packed with foam lumps won't do much for your sleep quality.

This is your typical HGI, nothing too special. Clean enough, everything works, bathroom well-lit. You won't recognize any of the restaurants nearby unless you are a local, or unless they're fast-food (unfortunately).

This is where I usually stay in El Paso because I have business at the hospital.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
MichelleKaip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guest - Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business. I hope in the future, we can go from good to great. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to assist you.
Best Regards
Michelle Kaip
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Immediately greeted by a front desk lady that was less than bored of me during our 5 second conversation. A conversation that consisted of: "name? here you go" then i was handed 2 keys. I was clueless as to which entrance was quickest to my room, parking, the location of my room, breakfast or anything. The bar takes up the majority of the lobby area, great for my kids to be exposed to drunk people watching football. Room was what I expected, nothing above and beyond, just plain. Breakfast was NOT included, I learned this as I had woken my family up and took my kids downstairs...$13 for breakfast...no thanks, I'd have been less mad if the front desk woman had told me the night before. Awful stay, poor nights sleep, not recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MichelleKaip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest - I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for the issues you experienced.
Sincerely
Michelle Kaip

Been to Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University? Share your experiences!