We are fans of Hilton Garden Inns and this location was no exception. The hotel lobby is actually larger than many in the chain and warmly decorated. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are standard. I did read one review that commented on lumpy pillows. I admit, one was lumpy, one wasn't so I simply tossed the lumpy one aside and utilized the comfy option.
Breakfast was excellent, the sausage much nicer quality than that I have found in many Garden Inns.
The reasons we picked this hotel were twofold: price and location. The price was excellent for this time of year and won, hands down, over other options we explored. However, location was the deal breaker. Located adjacent to the University of Texas at El Paso, this is the perfect hotel for students and parents coming to town to check out the university. Also a great place to stay for those coming in for the Sun Bowl or any other UTEP based OR downtown activity. Excellent restaurants such as Crave or the Mesa Street Grill are within walking distance are other options such as sushi and thai. Tabla is minutes away by car.
Whenever we come back to El Paso, we'll be staying right here at the University Hilton Garden Inn.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Hotel El Paso
- Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Hotel
- Hilton El Paso
- El Paso Hilton
- El Paso Hilton Garden Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the campus of the University of Texas at El Paso and across the street from two major medical centers. The hotel is within a 5 block radius of over 50 restaurants, bars and stores. Just one and half miles from the El Paso Convention Center/Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.