“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in El Paso
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

This was my first trip to El Paso and I wasnt sure of what to expect. But this hotel exceeded all of what I would generally think of for an "inn."
Everything seemed new; the decor, carpet, furniture, etc. The hotel felt clean and looked clean. The bed was amazing; it was the best sleep I'd had in days. Breakfast at the American Grille was wonderful! The chef made me these fabulous strawberry pancakes! Yum! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
MichelleKaip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest - Thank you so much for your nice comments. I was glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. Our Chef's work very hard to provide a high quality breakfast. We hope to see you again here in El Paso and at the Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University.
Michelle Kaip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Barnegat NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay at this hotel a lot (over 50 days a year). The staff is great. The new corporate food menu is pretty basic. It gets old very quickly. The good news is, there are a lot of places to eat within walking distance.

The rooms are kept pretty clean, no real complaints. However the internet is horrible !!!! It has been horrible for over 4 months. I am ready to try other hotels in the area over this one issue.

About a week ago during dinner at the hotel 10 guests that has never seen each other before all voiced this same opinion. One guess suggested we storm the counter in protest .
Many of the guests are now eating at other restaurants in the area with free wifi because the internet is that bad.

The TV is pretty new (nice Flat Screen). However all / most HGI’s have a very limited selection of channels. I sure wish they would add more.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MichelleKaip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest - Thank you for your feedback. I have requested an audit on our internet service. We upgraded our service and should be getting good speed. Since you mentioned that the problem seems to be worse over the past few months, I will check to see if there was anything we can do to improve this serious issue. We understand the need for our guest to get strong internet service and I appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a great hotel for a great price. It is located a short walk from many restaurants and is practically next door to the campus at UTEP. The hotel has ample free parking with many covered spots. It's aperfect business hotel. Their breakfast buffet is about $11 but there are many other good choices just a short stroll from the lobby. I would definitely stay here again if visiting El Paso.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest - Thank you very much for your nice review. We always strive to exceed our guest expectations. We will look forward to having you back again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel at least once a week each month for the past year. HGI is a welcoming environment for the well traveled. The staff is beyond friendly. Recently they assisted me with some personal business requiring scanning and e-mailing of documents. They go out of their way to remember your preferences for food, wine and room accommodations. On a particularly busy morning Scott the chef saw me enter the dining room and had already started my breakfast order. This saved me a significant amount of time as I was already running late.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MichelleKaip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest - Thank you for your review. It is a pleasure to hear that our staff at the hotel took such good care of your needs. I will personally extend your thanks to Scott for his efforts. We will look forward to having you back with us in the future.
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Love this place, the downside is that there is no free breakfast. the rooms are all new and nicely decorated and so far it has been quiet. You have to watch the front desk if you come with a pre paid reservation, as I have been charged twice more then once and not sure why they can't get that straight over there.

Room Tip: i had good luck with any room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MichelleKaip, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest - Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoy our property. I am sorry that our billing on pre paid reservations is not handled well. I will speak with our front desk supervisor to address training that can improve this element. I would also like to recommend our bed and breakfast package as an option for you. It is generally priced very good and includes the full breakfast buffet.
Thanks again for your review.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The HGI in El Paso provides an excellent oasis for the weary business traveler and is THE place to stay if you've got any business with UTEP. The property is at the UTEP campus - you can walk out the front door and be on campus, a short walk to any of the buildings. You're also just a short drive to the highway and about 25 minutes from the airport, point to point.

The hotel meets all the best features of the HGI brand -- efficient, polite and friendly staff, a well-planned layout of the ground floor, complete with a *working* business center (printers that work, office supplies at the ready, good internet connection), a good fitness center and easy to find conference rooms.

The guest rooms also are great for the business traveler. Lots of outlets -- the key to keeping road warriors happy. Good AC, comfortable beds and clean bathrooms.

Excellent breakfast service with the usual made-to-order items. Very friendly and helpful staff throughout the workforce on this property. Kudos to the management for keeping a staff that's so positive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear TechPAO - Thank you very much for your kind comments. I keep my staff positive in part by sharing feedback like yours with them.
Thanks again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

El Paso is not exactly a mecca of fine lodging hospitality, and the nice thing about Hilton Garden Inn is that you know what to expect, and, usually, it is delivered. This place delivered the standard, cookie-cutter HGI rooms and service, although the rooms seemed a bit on the small side. Very tiny bar and restaurant, but, again, adequate for a businessman's overnight. Biggest irritant here is very slow internet. You'd think, sitting next to UTEP, they'd be on a decent pipeline but no - even the hard-wired ethernet connection was slow. But, if you're doing business at the University it is pretty much the only place you'd want to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Holokauahi - Thank you for taking time to review us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location and that we provided the service you expected. Regarding the internet connection, we did upgrade in June of 2011 but clearly need to re-evaluate our guest's needs. I will look into what can be done to enhance our service.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University

Been to Hilton Garden Inn El Paso/University? Share your experiences!