“Pipeliner approved.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of GuestHouse Inn and Suites El Paso - West

You added GuestHouse Inn and Suites El Paso - West to your Saves list
GuestHouse Inn and Suites El Paso - West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6185 S Desert Blvd, El Paso, TX 79932 (Formerly Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham El Paso West)   |
Ranked #69 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
“Pipeliner approved.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

Room is $40 plus tax a night. Small room but very clean. Room cleaned daily and breakfast is same as most hotels. I'm into saving money and this place is now on the top of my list for value. I'm staying here for four nights and very pleased with the value. The front desk people are pleasant and helpful. Not many people staying here and no problems with my truck and equipment in the parking lot. Just stop in if looking and ask to see a room. It's worth the time. They could use some better tv's but it works for me. I'd say it's pipeliner approved. Wifi is awesome and free. I need it for paperwork and it good enough go my needs. Lots of places around here to get dinner and grocery store is close by. This side of town is clean and quiet.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Linda S, Manager at GuestHouse Inn and Suites El Paso - West, responded to this review, January 25, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do a kind review of our hotel. We really appreciate it. If you need anything, please ask for Maria our GM and she will be more than happy to help you out with anything you may need.

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Elephant Butte, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We paid $40 + tax for the room, which is the cheapest room we've rented in the last 25 years, so that had us a bit leery to begin with. This was formerly a Microtel, so if you've ever stayed in one before you know how small the rooms can be. The room was small, but was ok if you're just looking for a place to lay your head for the night. If are going to spend much time in your room before bedtime or the next day you would be better off getting a room at another hotel with larger rooms. The condition of the hotel is average. The staff is very helpful. The room seemed clean although the cleaning staff missed getting a used towel that was hanging behind the bathroom door. The bed and pillows were not too bad. The continental breakfast wasn't great but then again for $40 I wouldn't even expect a free breakfast. Overall this is a great value for the money. I would consider staying here again if I didn't want to spend a lot for a room.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside of the hotel as the front side is on IH10 and noisy.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Linda S, Manager at GuestHouse Inn and Suites El Paso - West, responded to this review, December 10, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing. We sincerely appreciate it. So glad to hear that we met your expectations. Hope you will stop by and see us again on your next visit to El Paso.
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I came to this hotel to pick up my daughter who was with her father nearby. The evening guy at the desk was friendly and accommodating, but I had terrible AC. I went to talk to the "New Manager" and she had the nerve to put her hand up and close the door in my face. Never have I ever been treated that poorly at a hotel. I will never stay here again and probably won't even stay at another Guesthouse again.

Stayed July 2014
Linda S, Guest Relations Manager at GuestHouse Inn and Suites El Paso - West, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is disappointing to learn that we fell short of our goals in this instance. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns.
I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again when your travel plans require a night's lodging in El Paso.
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I had stayed in this hotel previously when it was called Microtel. It was not fancy but it was clean and comfortable.

I returned to this hotel now that it has a different name and it was an awful experience.

We were given a double bed room as per our request. The elevator had been out of service for days and I had to carry our heavy bags up the stairs. It was hot and muggy.

Upon entering our hotel room, we found another family already in the room! They had given us an occupied room. I went to the front desk where they apologized and told us they were out of double bed rooms but we would be given a suite with a nice king size bed.

Upon entering our "suite", we noticed it was a regular queen bed. Toilet was dirty and there was no toilet paper. I went down again to the front desk and now the night employee was there. He then told me the previous employee was wrong and in fact there are no king size beds in this hotel. He tried finding another room for us but there were many rooms that were dirty and unoccupied! How can they accommodate customers if many of their rooms are dirty and vacant?

We were out of options so we made a makeshift bed in the window sill that had a long cushion for my daughter.

In the morning we noticed towels looked dirty and the morning breakfast was scant in nature and pretty much nonexistent. Even the juice machine didn't work at all. Coffee was burnt.

Final impression: This is an awful hotel and I would never stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was so disappointing. I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future. We have had some challenges but we are working diligently to correct them so that we can provide our guests with the best possible service.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us.
Please know that we value you as our gust and appreciate your business.
Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again when your travel plans bring you to El Paso.
Ruidoso new mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in the past and it wasn't a pleasant stay but we noticed it was a new name so we gave it another chance and I must say we were surprised there has been many improvements white sheets and towels shampoo and soap in rooms also rooms were very clean staff was great and friendly they always seemed busy keeping up with hotel . I have to say it was a great stay and we will be staying again definitely ...

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do a review of our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that your stay met your expectations. I will share your comments with our staff to let them know they are going in the right direction.
Please stop by and visit us again when your travels bring you back to El Paso.
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Recently i stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, TRIP ADVISOR shouldn't have to support this so called "hotels", elevator out of order for 7 days in a row, juice machine out of order, terrible breakfast "included", they left my door opened every time the "cleaned" my room, never threw away the garbage, ventilation grille with a lot of dirt, the first night they didn't clean my room (this is the second time in one year they do this to me), no toilet paper, no tissues, and finally they took a dump!! in my bathroom, the worst part they didn't flush and my room smell like hell, i think i was very patience and they didn't responded for an "understanding and flexible" customer like me. I want my money back!! If you need pictures i will be glad of sharing

Room Tip: please help yourselves not choosing this hotel, they should do something
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory, It is disappointing to learn that we fell short of our goals. We have had some challenges and we are working diligently to correct all of the issues at our hotel.
If you are in El Paso again, please stop by and ask for the new General Manager and she will personally make sure you have a great stay.
Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and we sincerely hope to see you at our hotel again soon.
Sincerely
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I checked in and the front desk staff was wonderful. But then we get put on the second floor which we said ok to and after going up the stairs because the elevator is broken we find out there is hair in the shower and even on the bed in plain site. We call down and again very friendly woman says she will move us. She upgrades us to a suite on the first floor. Loved the room. But then my husband and I leave and returned around 3 in the morning from families house. I go to take a bath and the water only comes out of shower head. Then I give up and we go to bed. Which with in 5 min my husband jumps up and asks me what's crawling on his back. That's when I see a huge bug. My husband scoops it up and throws it on the bench by the window. So we turn on the light and we look for it. When my husband lifted up the cushion there was a penthouse magazine and a roach. I thought at first it might be a beetle but my husband killed it and when we looked closely it wad a roach. So I called the front desk we didn't want to stay but it was a third party booking through hotels. Com again desk guy was friendly even after showing him the roach and magazine. I called hotels. Com and asked for them not to refund me but to just move us hotels. They couldn't without charging us again and we would have to wait for a refund within 7 days. Well we're here for business and on a budget and only brought cash so we were stuck. Then while on the phone I noticed dead roaches under the desk table. So knowing we were screwed and had to stay we decided to get fully dressed and sleep with the lights on. I asked the guys since it was almost 5 in the morning now if we could please not be woken up by housekeeping because we were really tired. At 11 we get a knock on the door saying we were do to check out. Our reservation was for 3 days. This was our first night. I tell her no we have 2 more nights and she shows me a paper that says different. I sit the door in her face and locked it. Called the front desk and they confirmed we had two more nights. Then I started to talk about our experience and the girl on the phone said we are the first to ever complain and was rude. Like I was lying so I offered to take her the dead bugs and the magazine. . We are now stuck in this hotel for 2 more nights and have no choice. All because I paid before our arrival on a third party site. I have stayed here before for the last 3 years. I don't know what happened to this place but I will never be back again. The name changed to Guesthouse Inn & Suites El Paso West... all I can say is this was the worst and I have been a assistant manager for hotels for 15 years.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to GuestHouse Inn and Suites El Paso - West? Share your experiences!