“Early dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
El Paso, Texas
“Early dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very good food at reasonable prices. An El Paso landmark hole in the wall place fatured on the Food Channel for the Machaca(beef) plate. fairly frequentr customer. No frills and a good bar.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

horizon city, texas
“Used to be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Kiki's used to be way better. The food quality way down. Enchiladas no flavor. chile rellanos tasted like they went bad.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Local joint great authentic Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

food is yummy always good and authentic. Mexican rice is always moist fluffy and good. Salsa is not hot at all or special just average. Service is average. No bad just average. Lunch hour is usually jam packed plan for early dinner late lunch to avoid long wait. Older small joint type of atmosphere

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent Chili Rellenos!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We went here on Saturday night .It was busy, with a short wait, spent at the bar. The complimentary chips were great. they serve only beer and wine .
The ambiance was like a comfortable, neighborhood bar and restaurant. it has an well -worn, casual , Mexican decor. The waiter was very busy but he did a decent job and gave us a great food recommendation , Chili Rellenos.
We ordered both Chile Rellenos and chicken fajitas .The chicken was marinated in a slightly spicy ,savory sauce , that was good but not exceptional . the chili rellenos,, were great probably the best I've had. The flavor was outstanding , not overly spicy but savory. I also ordered some chili verde sauce on the side and it was different than I've had before . Green chilies in creamy sauce. I rather liked it although I can see it would not be for everyone.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Burke, VA
“Got to try something new!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were vising El Paso from the east coast, where our 'Mexican' food is often 'Americanized'. Wanted to try something more traditional. My husband had seen this place on the Food Network and we asked some locals about it as well and everyone agreed it was a great place to go.

Husband had the brisket machaca (which was featured on the Food Network) and I had the caldillo. Love that they offer a choice of four or corn tortillas (it's almost always flour back home). My husband was worried about the dish being too spicy, so the waiter brought out a sample of the green chile sauce that was in his dish. He decided to go for it and was glad he did. We both loved our meals.

My only complaint is they don't have hard alcohol. A margarita would have been great with my meal. And I'm not really a beer drinker. I opted for some sort of apple flavored soda I had never heard of. It was sweet but a good balance to all the chiles!

This place is definitely a little rough around the edges. But the folks are nice and the food is good. Check it out.

• Visited December 2013