“worth the wait” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Garland, Texas
“worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We arrived at 7 and had to park a block away. We had drinks in the bar and as told by the hostess were seated in 20 minutes. We had queso fundido as appetizer and it was fabuloso! We all had the special of the day which was two fajita tacos, cheese enchilada, carnitas, guacamole, rice and beans. A lot of food at a reasonable price. While I am from San Antonio my friends from New York and Denver loved the atmosphere and really liked the food. Cool points with my boss who was happy with the experience including the bottom line.

Moline, Illinois, USA
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great food! I had the chimichanga with half green sauce and half red sauce and they were both so good. I wish i would have gone to this restaurant earlier in my visit so I could have gone back!

Visited January 2014
Carmel, Indiana
“Authentic Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

A nice environment with a large selection of food and alcohol. Service was very good and food never disapoints.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
El Paso, Texas
“Used to be a good place, NOT anymore”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We've going to Carlos&Mickey's for years. It used to be in my Top 3 restaurants, not only in El Paso but ever. Not only for the great food,but also the service. Unfortunately, tonight change our opinion about this favorite place. When we went there, it was very busy. We were told that the waiting time was 40minutes, but it could be less. After waiting 1 hour, when I went to inquiry the situation, especially because we were with our 6-month-ol son, I was told there were 1 more party before us and then it was our turn. Then the party before us got paged. When we were getting ready, they paged another party, totally skipping us. I went to ask them what was going on and why they took the party who came after us, up front. They claimed we were the next again. When finally they paged us, the hostess decided to take her time before she walked us to our table. And here is another surprise; we were given a half booth, where me and my husband has to sit next to each other, facing a WALL with our baby on the only open side of the booth. I objected and requested to see the manager. And all we heard was "sorry, we are trying to accommodate everybody, you need to wait more for another table!" After over an hour of waiting, they gave us a table squeezed a corner, probably used for server...We left right away and I am not planning on going back. I just hope that my baby will not get sick after spending over an hour at the entrance, in this cold weather.

P.S: Judging by the latest reviews in other sites as well, I see that their service quality declined dramatically!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“best authuntic mexican food you can get in el paso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

on my recent visit we went to this place and was thrilled about the placed. it is very busy and we had to wait to dine in. so once we got the table we had best server his name was Giovani he took very god care of us. we order enchiladas and was best I have tried so far. our drinks were also good we had el paso size margarita and was best. I will recommend this place to any one visiting el paso.

Visited January 2014