“Great service ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Broomfield, Colorado
“Great service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed for a quick trip to El Paso. Nice location close to airport and the office I was visiting. The building looks well kept and clean and I appreciate that. The service was outstanding. Everyone met you with a smile and friendly greeting. That really makes a difference when traveling! The rooms were clean and spacious. It was very comfortable. Although the hotel is close to the highway it wasn't that noisy. Breakfast seemed to be a larger spread than at other locations and was very good. I didn't get to take advantage of the courtyard but it looked very nice with nice patio furniture and a BBQ. I will stay again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Heidi P, General Manager at Residence Inn El Paso, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Elena C:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your nice comments you made about our hotel and staff. It is always a pleasure serving our guest's and making sure there stay is a great experience.
Hope to serve you again soon. In the meanwhile wishing you safe travels!

Warm regards,
Heidi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

In January, I began staying Residence Inn El Paso, and returned each week until the beginning of May.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Two of the best things about this hotel are Karla and Ivan at the front desk. Also, Silva from housekeeping and Lisa in the sales office have gone above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. Overall, I experienced the entire team to be friendly and eager to help.

LOCATION: As someone who had to commute to offices on the East and the West side of the city, the location is ideal. You can hop onto I-10 almost directly from the hotel parking lot. While this main road is often congested during rush hour, with a GPS or a map for help, I can still be on either side of the city within 15 minutes. And it is within 5 minutes of the airport.

STAYING HEALTHY: There are many great options for breakfast (oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt), and the exercise facilities are in good shape and well maintained. The gym equipment is in good condition, and while it is small, I never once had to wait for a machine in the entire time I stayed here. Just outside the small gym, there is a women's room with large stalls for changing. The indoor pool and hot-tub is a nice feature, and the mini-basketball court is a great addition if you are looking to stay active.

OUTDOOR SPACE: The enclosed courtyard area is a great way to enjoy being outside while staying protected from high winds and dust that can blow through El Paso. The gas grills were surprisingly nice.

TIPS FOR A MORE ENJOYABLE STAY:
- Leave your cell number on the grocery list if you have the team provide that service. Sometimes the local store doesn't have items in stock, but the the hotel team will give you a call to ask you about substitutions, etc.
- Let the front desk know if you want dry cleaning delivered to your room.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2+ BRs have a fireplace. Also, I noticed quite a few families with young children stayin...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Heidi P, General Manager at Residence Inn El Paso, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Rachel M:

Thank you so much for your nice comment about our hotel and some of our staff members. We truly appreciate your kind words and looking forward serving you soon again.

In the meanwhile wishing you Safe Travels!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Residence Inn is nice. The room was as expected for most Residence Inn hotels. No free wine/beer at Manager's hour (just FYI). In fact the happy hour's food was below average compared to the many other Residence Inns I have stayed at. The biggest issue is the noise from I-10. Had to turn on the AC fan and cover my head with a pillow to get sleep. The view out the windows is the Western Refinery. Check in was very slow, but courteous. Overall acceptable but average for a Residence Inn.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the highway and refinery!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Heidi P, General Manager at Residence Inn El Paso, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear NMTraveler786:

Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry you did not find everything to your satisfaction due to the noise level you experienced and the experience you had at our social hour. We do serve beer during our social hour and was surprised you were not offered our complimentary beer. We are constantly striving to improve our services to out guest and will review the menu again.

Again, thank you for letting us know and please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further.

Warm regards,
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

After a month of staying at this hotel,I really felt like part of the family. First of all Lisa, stuggled effortlessly to get my reservation, and the next thing the morning hostess seen I was leaving earlier then everyone else,so she started making me breakfast sandwiches and breakfast yogurts in the morning to start my day off right. It really brightened my day and helped me start my day off full of energy and life. I would reccomend all to come visit and stay at the Residence Inn Hotel Marriot in El Paso Texas. I have stayed at other Residence Inn Hotels but this one has gone the extra mile to make you "happy"

Room Tip: I love the room I stayed ,but would reccomend a room away from the highway for less road noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Heidi P, General Manager at Residence Inn El Paso, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear nissanman05:

Thank you for your feedback and nice comment about our staff, especially Lisa and our breakfast hostess. We pride ourselves to make our guest's feel special and I am glad we succeeded.

We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Safe Travels!
Saratoga, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great hotel for extended stay. Everything is about what you would expect from a Residence Inn. Nice clean rooms and good service. We've had a couple of extended stays at this hotel (over 30 days) and the staff has been terrific

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rory G:

Thank you so much for your feedback and especially the nice comment about our staff. We value you as our guest and want to make sure to provide a welcoming and clean environment for all our guest's.

We hope to serve you again in the near future. In the meanwhile wishing you
Safe Travels!
New Berlin, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel is not up to Residence Inn standards in my opinion.  I very much like Residence Inns and stay in them as much as possible. I travel almost every week.
Room was kind of dirty when I checked in. One of the bathroom towels looked like it had been used to wipe up oil or grease, cleaned but stained.
Evening Socials are only three nights a week Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.  The food offerings in the evening and for breakfast seem thrown together and unappetizing.
My room was comfortable with updated furnishings.  Freeway noise was kind of loud at all times though.
I had a huge problem during my stay that was not satisfactorily handled.  A plastic grocery bag containing various recently purchased foods and snacks was removed from my room.  When front desk was contacted, the housekeeping staff and I assume a supervisor came to my room.  The housekeeping staff denied that the bag ever existed when I had actually seen it right when I left at 7 am.  At least one of the food items had never been opened and was brand-new.  I felt like I was being accused of lying.  I asked the trio to leave my room as I was not interested in discussing the issue with them any further.  I can afford the cost of the food without problem but I will not stand being called a liar.
A few little things…elevator Number 1 is seriously scary making noises and very noticeable vibration when moving, AC does not exactly respond to thermostat (ON does not force system to stay on), towels and coffee packets not replaced when used.  Parking was pretty good. Check in and check out were average.
I will be back in El Paso for 6 more weeks in the next couple months but have already booked other hotels in the area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Heidi P, General Manager at Residence Inn El Paso, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Raddman:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am very disappointed that you were so dissatisfied with your stay with us here in El Paso. We at the hotel would like to speak with you personally about this situation and hope that you will give our hotel another try so we can provide the best service that you deserve in the future.

Wishing you Safe Travels!
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom suite - well laid out but a little old. My daughter loved the fireplace. Breakfast service was great, the front desk was not. I have status w/ Marriott and had requested a room away from the freeway - never a problem at another Marriott property down the street. Our first room was facing the freeway - noisy - and the front desk had a lot of difficulty moving us back a bit, even though it appeared they had a lot of 2 bedrooms available, all along the side hallway. No acknowledgement of status. One of the windows would not shut all the way unless really forced - it was really cold that night. Room price was really high, but that's not atypical for El Paso during the week. Not the best experience.

Room Tip: Stay away from the freeway. We were towing a car - be careful if you're towing - when you check...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Heidi P, General Manager at Residence Inn El Paso, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Cliff J:

Thank you for your feedback in regard to your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you did not find everything to your satisfaction. We strive to provide you with an excellent experience and try to accommodate all our guest requests. I am truly sorry that we could not move you into a different room that met your request.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future stays so I can personally make sure to handle your request.

Been to Residence Inn El Paso? Share your experiences!