“Great for extended stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #27 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
micha74b
“Great for extended stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Wonderful staff. Very friendly. Make me feel like family while away from home for extended time. This is a petfriendly hotel. Very reasonable deposit. I am not crazy abou the dinners, but it is nice to have something. Most hotels wont offer it. Clean rooms. Cozy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank micha74b
Heidi P, General Manager at Residence Inn El Paso, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your review on our property. I was happy to see you enjoyed our service and our property. We are looking forward to serve you again in the future.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I almost didn't choose this hotel because it was ranked lower than others. But since we had a kitty and wanted an indoor pool, it was about our only choice in El Paso. This hotel was wonderful! I am so glad we weren't dissuaded by the lower ranking in the city. The staff was super nice and helpful. The room was perfectly clean. Haven't eaten breakfast yet but I anticipate standard Residence fare. The only reason I am not giving 5 "dots" is that the pool was too cold, and the "evening reception" consisted of, kid you not, Bud Light in a dispenser, some kind of weird rice with sausage & chicken in it, and a chafing dish full of crackers. I should have taken a pic of that actually, it was pretty funny. The crackers were wrapped. I'm not sure why they needed a big old dish, but at least the flame wasn't on underneath to warm them. Ha ha. The coffee at that reception was cold too. BUT since we went OUT for dinner - which duh, never count on a "manager's reception" for dinner (except at Drury maybe) - it wasn't a big deal. I was just glad we didn't plan dinner around it, and as long as you don't, you will be fine!

Room Tip: We went with the king & sofabed for our family of 4, but should have sprung for the 2 bedroom wi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stasi M
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We meet our family at this location for Thanksgiving weekend arriving that Wednesday until Saturday, we had a great time, 5 adults and a dog, great services, housekeeping was amazingly great!. We even cooked out turkey there; the little loaded kitchen with full size refrigerator was very handy,
Besides the free breakfast (was very poorly choices) and so was the complementary dinner (which supposed to be served at 6 pm, but if you get there 6:15 pm everything is GONE)...so make sure you get there ahead of time. On thanksgiving dinner we went there by 6:15pm and the servant told us he threw away all the food because only 2 people show up... & then, turkey was for breakfast the next day LOL...

Room Tip: If you are planning baking something bring your own oven dishes. They have everything else. They ev...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
El Paso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My family and I stayed on a 4th of July at this hotel. This isn't the first time we have stayed at this hotel and it won't be the last. The hotel staff is always nice! Check-in is a breeze. Pool is nice. Towels always stocked. The room we stayed in had a living room, kitchen, two separate bedrooms, and two bathrooms. Everything seemed clean. Comfortable bedding, pillows, and bed! This hotel offers a manager's reception with food on Monday's-Friday's. This hotel also offers complimentary continental breakfast. It is located off of the I-10, next to another hotel, Taco Cabana, and Walgreens. Across the street from Walgreens is Bassett Center Mall. My family and I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Erik C
Watertown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This property is in a very convenient location near the airport and the shopping areas along I-10. It is exactly what you would expect from a Residence Inn, but nothing special. The breakfast was up to par, the indoor pool was predictable and the decor was well done. All in all, it is a great place to relax, or stop over in El Paso. Norma, the desk attendant was very helpful when we needed to change rooms. I observed her with other customers and saw that she is very courteous, confident, and knowlegable.

Room Tip: From the first room we were given, you could view all the city lights of El Paso and Ciudad Juarez...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Recently stayed here for an short business trip. Location is very convenient and centrally located. I usually eat off-site, but I know they offer a manger's reception with food. Facilities are very much what I've experienced at other Residence Inn locations. But what I noticed most is that the staff are very friendly and welcoming. I like knowing I can count on consistency in the Marriott brand, especially with a friendly welcome. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Residence Inn El Paso many times and will continue to do so. The daily rate seems a little high, but is in line with similar hotels in the area. Each room is a suite with full kitchen and a large living space. The rooms are beginning to show some wear (carpets frayed, tiles cracked), but are otherwise clean and maintained. The bed was very comfortable. Traffic noise from Interstate 10 will be an issue if you are a light sleeper, so stay on the rear of the property. Residence Inn provides an excellent free breakfast and evening snacks. Despite it's proximity to the airport, there is no free shuttle, which I believe is an oversight. Cab fare was about $7. Numerous restaurants and shopping opportunities are within walking distance, but the general vicinity is not particularly nice. Immediate access to I-10, makes this hotel a good starting point for any local activity.

Room Tip: Stay away from the roadside rooms if you are a light sleeper. Interstate 10 never stops.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business